- XL_STAR utilizes a Freescale 8-bit S08MM Flexis™ microcontroller: MC9S08MM128VLK, allowing designers to create more fully featured products at a lower cost.
- Precision Analog front end: 16-bit SAR ADC - High resolution ADC
- Ultra-Low Power operation
- USB connectivity
- High speed: HCS08 core delivering a 48 MHz core speed and 24 MHz bus speed
- Up to 78 GPIO
- Up to 128 KB flash and 12 KB SRAM
- Easily extensible to Freescale’s 32-bit Flexis™ platform for more demanding applications
- Simple programming interface via Open Source BDM
- XL_STAR includes a Freescale MMA8451Q Xtrinsic Accelerometer. The MMA8451Q is a smart, low-power, three-axis, capacitive micro-machined accelerometer, with 14 bits of resolution. Key features include:
- ±2g/±4g/±8g dynamically selectable full-scale
- 3 embedded channels of motion detection
- Freefall or Motion Detection: 1 channel
- Pulse Detection: 1 channel
- Jolt Detection: 1 channel
- Orientation (Portrait/Landscape) detection with programmable hysteresis
- Current Consumption: 6 μA – 165 μA
- Two interrupt pins support extensive user-programmable functions. Overall power savings are achieved by relieving the host processor from continuously polling data.
- Battery Charger
- XL_STAR includes a Freescale Battery Charger for Single-Cell Li-Ion and Li-Polymer Batteries. Key features include:
- The Charger tolerates high input voltages up to up to 28V, eliminating the input over-voltage-protection circuit required in handheld devices.
- Charge cycle includes trickle, constant-current (CC) and constant-voltage (CV) charge modes.
- The Battery Charger Is well-suited for use in any Li-ion or Li-polymer battery powered, handheld, portable application, including Bluetooth® headsets, cell phones, GPS, MP3 players, PDAs, and portable media players.
- CodeWarrior IDE and Open Source BDM
- XL_STAR comes with Freescale CodeWarrior Special Edition Integrated Development Environment (IDE). Used in conjunction with the on-board Open Source BDM Interface, XL_STAR is supported by a fully functional programming, trace, and debug environment up to 64K of object code at no additional charge.
- Open Source BDM, with its hardware and software components, provides a transparent connection between a computer running CodeWarrior and the Freescale MM128 microcontroller on the XL_STAR.
- Because the Open Source BDM is open source, the source code can be used and/or modified from its original design free of charge.
Manufacturer: FREESCALE SEMICONDUCTOR
FREESCALE SEMICONDUCTOR - STAR-XL-S08 - MC9S08MM128, XL STAR, ACCELEROMETER DEMO BOARD
Part Number: STAR-XL-S08
Review: 4.333/5 stars, based on 1 Roadtest Reviews
element14 and Freescale have joined forces to bring you XL_STAR: a complete, flexible, low cost development environment. On a single board XL_STAR combines a Freescale 8-bit HCS08 MM128 MCU, a Freescale MMA8451Q three-axis Accelerometer, a Freescale ...