Part of the Freescale Tower System: Modular Development Platform group. View the group
- Features MK53N512CMD100 MAPBGA 144 pins MCU
- Tower compatible processor module
- S08JM60 based Open Source JTAG (JTAG) circuit
- User-controlled status LEDs
- Capacitive Touch Pad sensors and mechanical push buttons
- Medical expansion connector (connect AFE Plugin like TWR - MCF51MM)
- SD Card Slot Connect
- TWRPI-SLCD board (28 segment LCD) through TWRPI interface.
- Compatible with TWR-SER (Ethernet, USB connectivity)
- MMA7660 Accelerometer
The TWR-K53N512-KIT is a development kit for the K53 family of Kinetis microcontrollers. This kit is part of the Freescale Tower System, a modular, reusable development platform that allows designers to get to market faster with packaged evaluation boards, tools and runtime software. The TWR-K53N512 microcontroller module can operate as a standalone debug tool and can be purchased separately from the kit. The module provides an interface to the medical expansion connector and TWRPI-SLCD modules.
The TWR-K53N512-KIT development kit suplied with TWR-ELEV and TWR-SER:
- The TWR-ELEV Elevator modules are the basic building block of the Freescale Tower System. Designed to connect microcontroller and peripheral modules, the Elevator modules provide the power regulation circuitry and structural integrity needed for all configurations of an assembled Tower System.
- The TWR-SER Serial Module provides USB, Ethernet, CAN and RS232/485 connectivity solutions for designers developing with the Freescale Tower System. This peripheral module is designed to be combined and used with other microcontroller and peripheral modules in the Tower System.
Kinetis MCUs are built from Freescale’s innovative 90nm Thin Film Storage (TFS) flash technology with unique FlexMemory. Kinetis MCU families combine the latest lowpower innovations and high performance, high precision mixed-signal capability with a broad range of connectivity, human-machine interface, and safety & security peripherals. All Kinetis families include a powerful array of analog, communication and timing and control peripherals with the level of feature integration increasing with flash memory size and the number of inputs/outputs.
The K50 MCU family is pin-, peripheral- and software-compatible with other Kinetis microcontrollers and provides designers with an Analog Measurement Engine consisting of integrated operational and transimpedance amplifiers and high-resolution ADC and DAC modules. The family also features IEEE 1588 Ethernet and hardware encryption, full-speed USB 2.0 On-The-Go with device charger detect capability and a flexible low-power segment LCD controller with support for up to 320 segments. Devices start from 128 KB of flash in 64 QFN packages extending up to 512 KB in a 144 MAPBGA package.
Key Applications: Low-power portable medical devices,Clinical and lab equipment Test/measurement equipment,Instrumentation applications,Monitor and telehealth application.
- TWR-K53N512 - 32-bit MCU module with MK53N512CMD100 MCU (144 MAPBGA) and TWRPI-SLCD daughter card
- DVD with IDE software, training materials and collateral
- TWR-K53N512 Quick Start Guide document
- TWR-ELEV - Two elevator boards that provide structural integrity, communications interfaces, power regulation circuitry with standardized bus
- TWR-SER - Serial peripheral module with Ethernet, USB, RS232/485, and CAN interface circuitry
|User Manual/Guide||user manual for twr-k53n512-kit development kit (.pdf)|
|Quick Start Guide||quick user guide for twr-k53n512-kit development kit (.pdf)|
|Data Sheet||datasheet for kinetis k53 sub-family mcu (.pdf)|
|Application Note||application note on spirometer demo with freescale microcontrollers (.pdf)|
|Application Note||application note for pulse oximeter fundamentals and design (.pdf)|
|Product Brief/Fact sheet||product brief for freescale tower system modular development platform (.pdf)|
|Schematics / Layout files||mechanical drawing for twr-k53n512 tower system (.pdf)|
|Applications Library||pulse oximeter fundamentals and design (source code) (.zip)|
|Schematics / Layout files||schematic for twr-k53n512 tower system (.pdf)|
|Schematics / Layout files||assembly layout for twr-k53n512 tower system (.pdf)|