- CC2540 USB Dongle:
- This is the device that will be acting as the BLE Master.
- It connects to a Windows PC’s USB port, and is pre-loaded with the master demo application software.
- CC2540 “Keyfob”:
- This is the device that will be acting as the BLE Slave.
- The PCB sits inside a plastic case, and can be removed with a small Philips screwdriver.
- It operates on a single CR2032 coin cell battery
- Contains a two-colored LED, a buzzer, an accelerometer, and two buttons.
- CC Debugger with mini USB cable, converter board, and a 10-pin connector cables:
- This is used to flash the software onto both the USB dongle as well as the keyfob.
- It also can be used for debugging software using IAR Embedded Workbench
The CC2540DK-MINI development kit provides a working reference design for software development of single-mode Bluetooth® low energy (BLE) applications based on the CC2540. The included “keyfob” board operates as a BLE peripheral device, and contains modifiable software that can be tailored towards different applications. Using BTool (Windows PC application) along with the included CC2540 USB Dongle, the CC2540 BLE stack can be tested and verified while developing custom applications.
The CC2540 is a cost-effective, low-power, true system-on-chip (SoC) for Bluetooth low energy applications. It enables robust BLE master or slave nodes to be built with very low total bill-of-material costs. The CC2540 combines an excellent RF transceiver with an industry-standard enhanced 8051 MCU, in-system programmable flash memory, 8-KB RAM, and many other powerful supporting features and peripherals.
The CC2540 is suitable for systems where very low power consumption is required. Very low-power sleep modes are available. Short transition times between operating modes further enable low power consumption. The comes in two different versions: CC2540F128 and CC2540F256, with 128 and 256 KB of flash memory, respectively. Combined with the Bluetooth low energy protocol stack from Texas Instruments, the CC2540F128/F256 forms the market’s most flexible and cost-effective single-mode Bluetooth low energy solution.
Key Applications: Alarm and security, Industrial and home automation, Medical and health, Metering and smart energy, Portable consumer and enterprise, Remote controls.
- CC2540 USB Dongle
- CC2540 “Keyfob”
- CC Debugger with mini USB cable, converter board, and a 10-pin connector cables
|Data Sheet||datasheet for cc2540 2.4ghz bluetooth low energy system-on-chip solution (.pdf)|
|User Manual/Guide||user guide for cc253x/4x family (.pdf)|
|Product Brief/Fact sheet||brochure for bluetooth low energy (.pdf)|
|User Manual/Guide||user guide for cc2540 mini development kit (.pdf)|
|User Manual/Guide||software developers guide for cc2540 bluetooth (.pdf)|
|Quick Start Guide||quick start guide for cc2540 mini development kit (.pdf)|
|Application Note||an097 - application note for current savings in cc254x using the tps62730 (.pdf)|
|Application Note||an092 - application note for measuring bluetooth low energy power consumption (.pdf)|
|Applications Library||cc2540 bluetooth low energy software developing (.zip)|
|Applications Library||software tools for smartrf flash programmer (.zip)|
|Design techniques||cc2540 keyfob reference design (.zip)|