|Development Tools||Technical Documents||Video||Features||Kit Contents|
The Embest's ARM Cortex-M3 Board is an ARM embedded evaluation board produced by Embest, integrate the Atmel Cortex-M3 core-based processor , operating at 96 MHz frequency.The board features USB, I2C, MCI interface, TFT-LCD, USART interface, 96 I/O port, EBI support SRAM/NOR/NAND memory, etc. Plenty of software examples, which can be used in Keil MDK environment, are accompanied in CDROM.
The Cortex-M3 based Evaluation Board can be used to generate and test application programs for the Atmel SAM3U series microcontroller family. With this hands-on process, you can determine the hardware and software requirements for current and future product development.
Key Applications: Industrial high speed gateways, medical, data processing and consumer applications.
Software Development Tools:
|Tool Type||Supplier||Supported Family||MPN||Description|
|Atmel Studio 6 IDE|
Atmel Studio 6 Integrated Development Environment (IDE) is the integrated development environment (IDE) for developing and debugging Atmel ARM® Cortex™-M and Atmel AVR® microcontroller (MCU) based applications. The Atmel Studio 6 IDE gives you a seamless and easy-to-use environment to write, build and debug your applications written in C/C++ or assembly code. Learn More
|IDE||ARM||ALL ARM||ARM DS-5|
The ARM Development Studio 5 (DS-5) tool enable developers to get the best from their ARM technology-based systems. Whether implementing an ARM processor-based SoC or writing software for an Application Specific Standard Product (ASSP), ARM tools enable you to deliver the best solution with the highest performance and lowest power. Learn More
|IDE||ARM||ALL ARM Cortex||KEIL MDK ARM|
The MDK-ARM (Microcontroller Development Kit) is the complete software development environment for ARM7, ARM9, Cortex-M, and Cortex-R4 processor-based devices. Learn More
|IDE||Embest||ARM Cortex M0 & M3||CoIDE|
CooCox offer freely available powerful software development tool for ARM Cortex-M3 & Cortex-M0 based microcontrollers. Coocox Tools organizes and provides the knowledge required by developers. Learn More
|RTOS||Embest||ARM Cortex M0 & M3||CoOS|
CoOS is a free and open RTOS from CooCox, designed specifically for Cortex-M processor, supports preemptive priority and round-robin, Semaphore, Mutex, Flag, Mailbox and Queue for communication & synchronization, highly scalable, minimum system kernel is only 974Bytes, supports interrupt while task switching, supports stack overflow detection, supports the platforms of ICCARM, ARMCC, GCC. Learn More
|RTOS||Micrium||ARM7 / AMR9||Micrium uc/OSIII|
μC/OS-III is Micrium’s newest RTOS, designed for developers who need to save time on their current and next embedded sytem projects. Learn More
|RTOS||ARM KEIL||ALL ARM||KEIL RTX|
The Keil RTX is a royalty-free, deterministic Real-Time Operating System designed for microcontrollers based on ARM7™TDMI, ARM9™, and Cortex™-M CPU cores. Learn More
SEGGER embOS (Real Time Operating System) follows strict, yet efficient coding and documentation standards. embOS is a priority-controlled real time operating system, designed to be used as foundation for the development of embedded real-time applications. Learn More
Hardware Development Tools:
|Tool Type||Supplier||Supported Family||MPN||Description|
|Debuggers, Emulators & JTAG Tools||Atmel||ARM||USB JTAG In-Circuit Emulator for SAM3, SAM7 and SAM9 ARM-based microcontrollers|
|Debuggers, Emulators & JTAG Tools||ARM||ALL ARM||DSTREAM Debug and Trace Unit|
|Debuggers, Emulators & JTAG Tools||ARM||ALL ARM||USB Debugger|
|Debuggers, Emulators & JTAG Tools||ARM||ALL ARM||High-Speed Debug and Trace Unit|
|Debuggers, Emulators & JTAG Tools||Segger||ARM / CORTEX-M/A/R||USB JTAG Emulator|
|Debuggers, Emulators & JTAG Tools||Segger||ALL ARM Cortex-M||USB JTAG Emulator|
|Debuggers, Emulators & JTAG Tools||Segger||ALL ARM||USB JTAG Emulator|
|Flasher||Segger||ALL ARM||ARM & Cortex M Flash Programmer|
|User Guide||Embest: User Guide for AT91SAM3U ARM-CM3 Board|
|Datasheet||Embest: Datasheet for AT91ARM M3 Cortex-based Processor|
|Application Note||Atmel: Application Note for Analog-to-Digital Converter in the SAM3S4|
|Application Note||Atmel: Application Note for AT91SAM Update for EWARM|
|Application Note||Atmel: Application Note for Interfacing a 4x4 Keyboard to an AT91 Microcontroller|
|Schematics||Embest: Schematics File for EM-AT91SAM3U Eval Board AT91SAM3U Starter Kit|
|Layout||Embest: Layout File for EM-AT91SAM3U Eval Board|
|Application Library||Atmel: Software Code for AT91SAM Update for EWARM|
|Video 1||Video 2|
The Board contains all the hardware components required in a single-chip AT91SAM3U4E system.
The connectors on the AT91SAM3U evaluation board provide easy access to many of the AT91SAM3U's on-chip peripherals.
- Serial Port
- A standard DB9 connector is on the AT91SAM3U board for the AT91SAM3U's built-in UART interfaces. This is a full duplex, serial port.
- CAN Port
- A standard DB9 connector for applications requiring CAN communications.
- USB Port
- A standard USB Type B connector for applications requiring USB communications.
- LCD Display
- A detachable, 240x320 TFT, color LCD display. You may use this graphic display device to show real-time debug and program status messages.
- On-board Battery
- A removable, lithium battery is included on the AT91SAM3U to maintain power to the real-time clock when the board disconnects from the main power supply.
- Analog Voltage Control for ADC Input
- An adjustable analog voltage source for testing the Analog to Digital converter built into the AT91SAM3U.
- External Memory
- The AT91SAM3U board includes 1 Mbyte of external static RAM and 8 Mbytes of external SPI Flash memory.
- MicroSD Card Connector
- A MicroSD Card connector for developing applications requiring access to MicroSD Cards.
- ETM Trace Debug
- An ETM connector for on-chip debugging via the Embedded Trace Macrocell capabilities of the STM32F103 device.
- JTAG Download and Debug
- A JTAG on-chip debug interface, coupled with the ULINK USB-JTAG adapter, provides flash programming and real-time in-circuit emulation of the ATSAM3U device.
- Supply Voltage 5 Volts DC (provided by power adapter)
- Supply Current 210mA typical, 320mA maximum
- XTAL Frequency 12 MHz
- Microcontroller AT91SAM3U4E LQFP 144 Pins
- Internal 256KB Flash, 48KB SRAM
- 240x320 TFT LCD
- 2 × RS232 Interface,
- 1 × USB Device Interface (High-speed),
- 1 × 2.8” Color graphic display (240x320),
- 1 × MicroSD Memory Card connector,
- 1 × JTAG Interface,
- 5 × Push Buttons (Reset, Wake Up, Tampering, User),
- 2 × BNC Interface,
- 1 x RTC Unit with Battery,
- 1 × Analog Input (connected to potentiometer),
- 1 × Analog Output (connected to speaker by default)
- Source code of example program
- Board Size 135mm x 90mm (5.3" x 3.5")
- Weight 320g
The Evaluation kit is supplied with below contents:
- Atmel SAM3S4C Evaluation board with TFT Screen (CPU:SAM3S4C)
- Mini USB Cable to supply power to the board or for downloading programs and debug
- 10/100 Ethernet Cable to connect to the network
- Serial Cable to connect the COM port to Host PC, 9-pin male to 9-pin female, no longer than 10ft/3m, wired one-to-one.
- CDROM of Atmel SAM3S4C Cortex-M3 Board
- Documents -- user manual, data sheets and the other development documents.
- Images -- image files for this product.
- Software -- software programs for this product.
- Tools -- the utilities tools and software