|Technical Documents||Video||Features||Kit Contents|
The is a simple evaluation board that allows quick evaluation of the performance of the 3-axis digital accelerometer. The EVAL-ADXL345Z has two sets of 0.1 inch spaced vias, for population of a 4-pin and 5-pin header, for access to all power and signal lines. The vias or headers allow the evaluation board to be attached to a prototyping board (breadboard) or attached to the PCB in an existing system.Four holes are provided for mechanical attachment of the EVAL-ADXL345Z to the application.
An external host processor is required for communication to the part. The dimensions of the EVAL-ADXL345Z are 20 mm × 20 mm with mounting holes set 15 mm × 15 mm at the corners of the printed circuit board (PCB).
Note: The is not reverse polarity protected. Reversing the VS or VDD I/O supply and GND pins can cause damage to the . Dropping the EVAL-ADXL345Z on a hard surface can generate several thousand g’s of acceleration, which may exceed the data sheet absolute maximum limits.
Key Applications: Handsets, Medical instrumentation, Gaming and pointing devices Industrial instrumentation, Personal navigation devices, Hard disk drive (HDD) protection.
|Schematics||ADI: Schematic File for ADXL345|
|Layout||ADI: Layout File for ADXL345 Satellite PCB|
|CAD Model||ADI: CAD Model for ADXL345BCCZ|
Features of :
- Ultralow power: as low as 23 uA in measurement mode and 0.1 uA in standby mode at VS = 2.5 V (typical)
- Power consumption scales automatically with bandwidth
- User-selectable resolution
- Fixed 10-bit resolution
- Full resolution, where resolution increases with g range, up to 13-bit resolution at ±16 g (maintaining 4 mg/LSB scale factor in all g ranges)
- Patent pending, embedded memory management system with FIFO technology minimizes host processor load
- Single tap/double tap detection
- Activity/inactivity monitoring
- Free-fall detection
- Supply voltage range: 2.0 V to 3.6 V
- I/O voltage range: 1.7 V to VS
- SPI (3- and 4-wire) and I2C digital interfaces
- Flexible interrupt modes mappable to either interrupt pin
- Measurement ranges selectable via serial command
- Bandwidth selectable via serial command
- Wide temperature range (-40°C to +85°C)
- 10,000 g shock survival
- Pb free/RoHS compliant
- Small and thin: 3 mm × 5 mm × 1 mm LGA package
The Analog Devices accelerometer evaluation board supplied with below contents:
- Accelerometer Evaluation Board