The XBMC bundle for Raspberry Pi is simple out-of-the-box solution that turns your Raspberry Pi into a powerful media centre for the home or office.
It contains all the hardware and software you need, but note it does not contain the Raspberry Pi minicomputer. If you don’t already have a Raspberry Pi, the Raspberry Pi Starter Kit is a perfect complement.
Included in the XBMC bundle is an SD card that already has the necessary software installed on it. The software is Raspbmc, an open source Linux distribution created by Sam Nazarko that brings XBMC to your Raspberry Pi. To help you get up and running quickly a straightforward user guide is included and there is also a video tutorial that can be found at URL.
To control your Raspberry Pi in XBMC mode the bundle includes an ultra Mini Keyboard and Integrated Mouse Pad that wirelessly connects to the Raspberry Pi. For the connection to the Internet and your TV or monitor, we’ve included an HDMI cable and Ethernet cable. After you have set it up the first time, you can either use the Ethernet cable or WiPi; a wireless USB dongle designed to work seamlessly with your Raspberry Pi.
- SD card, pre-installed with the Raspbmc software that brings XBMC to your Raspberry Pi
User Guide and Introductory Video
- straightforward instructions and introductory video to set up your Raspberry Pi and begin using XBMC.
Ultra Mini Keyboard and Integrated Mouse Pad
- Wireless remote control for XBMC running on your Raspberry Pi
- To connect the Raspberry Pi to your monitor or television
- To connect your Raspberry Pi to the Internet
Terms & Conditions
- Testers will be selected on the basis of quality of applications: we expect a full and complete description of why you want to test this particular product.
- Testers are required to produce a full, comprehensive and well thought out review within 2 months of receipt of the product.
- Failure to provide this review within the above timescale will result in the enrolee being excluded from future Road Tests.