"Should Old Acquaintance be forgot..."
New Year's is a time for entertaining family and friends, and thanks to Raspberry Pi, the means by which they can be entertained has gotten a lot smarter.
The Raspberry Pi Media Centre Bundle
enables your TV to be easily set-up for music streaming, watching videos, playing games and viewing all types of media from local or network storage.
The bundle includes:
- Raspberry Pi Model B
- 4 GB Class 4 SD card with Raspbmc software preloaded
- 3 metre Ethernet cable
- 1 metre HDMI cable
- Mini wireless keyboard with integrated mouse pad
- Power Plug
- USB Cable
For the purposes of this RoadTest Challenge, we have also included the PiFace Control & Display which gives you even more convenient access to your Pi's functions.
Applicants for this RoadTest Challenge should describe how they will use these products to create a home entertainment system to be used for a festive occasion, perhaps a New Year's Party. In addition to a standard RoadTest review of the Raspberry Pi Media Centre Bundle, the finalists will be required to also provide:
- A blog post in the area of element14, describing their proposed home entertainment system and its functionality
- A brief video, between 5 and 10 minutes in length, also to be uploaded onto community, which will show the system in action.
The RoadTester who provides the best combination of these elements by January 13, 2014, will receive a Grand Prize.
The Grand Prize
Terms & Conditions
- This RoadTest Challenge is only open to residents of Australia and New Zealand.
- Testers will be selected on the basis of quality of applications: we expect a full and complete description of why you want to test these products and your approach for meeting the requirements of the challenge.
- Testers are required to produce a full, comprehensive and well thought out review of the Raspberry Pi Media Centre bundle, we also expect a minimum of 1 blog post about the "New Year's Party Pack Challenge" in the area of element14 and a video as per the brief above. Extra credit will be accrued by contestants who supply additional content. These elements are due by January 13, 2014.
- Failure to provide the review, blog and film within the above timescale may result in the enrollee being excluded from future Road Tests and Challenges.