element14 adds TI fault protected CAN transceiver family with flexible data-rate to product portfolio
Texas Instruments transceivers allow electronic design engineers to evaluate operation and performance for a range of applications
Global electronics distributor element14 has added the fault protected CAN transceivers with flexible data-rate from Texas Instruments to its product portfolio. These CAN transceivers work with the TI CAN evaluation board to perform CAN (controlled area network) evaluation. This includes the load and termination settings required for electronic design engineers looking to evaluate CAN transceiver operation and performance in factory and building automation, smart grids, automotive infotainment and advanced driver assist systems, communications infrastructures and more.
The TCAN1042 CAN transceiver family meets the requirements of ISO11898-2 high speed CAN physical layer standard. It also has simple connections to the TCAN1042DEVM evaluation board, which is equipped with the necessary jumpers for flexible device pin and CAN bus configuration. All devices are designed for use in CAN FD networks up to 5 Mbps.
The transceiver comes equipped with a list of user features and advantages:
- Protection features: ESD protection of bus pins, under voltage protection on supply pins, thermal shutdown protection, TXD and RXD receiver with dominant time out
- Differentiators: High temperature +125 degrees Celsius, AEC-Q100 qualified, board space saving
- Advantages: Common mode choke not required (per OEM), wide VCC range (4.5V to 5.5V) for start and stop without boost, wide I/O voltage level adapting reduces external components, extended bus-fault protection supporting 48V systems, hot swap support with glitch-free bus I/O on power up and down, industry standard packaging (P2P compatible)
The TI fault protected CAN transceivers with flexible data-rate are available from element14 in Asia Pacific.
About the Premier Farnell Group
Premier Farnell plc (LSE:pfl) is a global leader in high service distribution of technology products and solutions for electronic system design, production, maintenance and repair. Trading as Farnell element14 in Europe, Newark element14 in North America and element14 across Asia Pacific, it had sales last year of £982.7m, the Group is supported by a global supply chain of more than 3,000 suppliers and an inventory profile developed to anticipate and meet its customers’ needs.
Premier Farnell works to bring to market development kits in a variety of applications, enabling it to support the customer from design concept through to production.
The latest products, software, services and solutions from trusted supplier partners are all available through 43 local language transactional websites. The element14 Community allows buyers and engineers to access a wide range of independent technical information, tools and the latest resources and the Design Center enables design engineers to compare kits from the world’s greatest range of development tools.
For news updates from Premier Farnell and element14 visit:
Premier Farnell News Centre – www.premierfarnell.com/media-centre
Twitter - @element14
YouTube – element14
Facebook – facebook.com/element14page
Premier Farnell Key facts
- Operations in 38 different countries
- More than 4,500 employees
- More than 3,000 leading suppliers
- More than 600,000 products stocked with access to over four million more on demand
- Leaders in providing information on REACH, Conflict Mineralsand EU RoHS legislation
For more information visit the website at Premier Farnell.