element14 Community and MPS host webinar on power design
Webinar offers insights into latest design techniques used in high power designs
element14, an Avnet Community, is hosting a webinar to educate its members on latest techniques and technologies for better power management design. In this webinar, we will learn how the latest power modules simplify power design as well as shorten design cycles and improve layout. The webinar will take place on November 17, 2021 at 12:00 p.m. (Chicago Time).
Join this webinar to understand more about:
- Space saving techniques for easier board layout and increased power density
- Meeting low noise requirements design without the use of low efficiency LDOs (low dropout regulators)
- Achieving ultra-fast transient response
- How tools, resources, and digital parts make for fast prototypes, design, and evaluation
We will also review applications bringing new designs to market for accelerator cards, data center, FPGA and core power.
Additionally, our community members recently road-tested the MPS Four-Channel Output Power Module EVM. Some of the best reviews include:
- In his review, he says: “Most FPGA/SoC that I have worked with, and even many specialized ICs have specific power sequencing needs. Usually the designer has to play around with a combination of IC ‘enables,’ ‘power good’ signals and RC circuits for delays, for power sequencing. The MPM54304 handles all of that internally and configurable through I2C." He further adds that he would definitely consider using the MPM543y next design - The size is small, performance is decent and features are plenty.
- Her key takeaways from the review were, “the MPM54304 EVM was able to step down from 12V to 5V with 90% efficiency into a 30W load. I was able to work around a supply sequencing issue using the extensive configuration options of the MPM54304. The set point accuracy of the MPM54304 is almost on par to a top-tier TL431 reference over temperature. The EVM as a prototyping and development board presents exceptional value. As demonstrated in this road test within just a few hours the first time, less than hour to do it a second time, you have a fully custom power solution."
Monolithic Power Systems (MPS) is the fastest growing power semiconductor company, specialising in the manufacture of small, energy efficient and easy-to-use power modules. MPS’ specialised single-package power modules integrate a maximum number of components, including the inductor, to provide an entire power system in one device.
To register and learn more about the webinar, please visit .
Farnell is a global technology leader with over 80 years in the high service distribution of technology products and solutions for electronic system design, production, maintenance and repair. Farnell uses this experience to support its broad customer base, from hobbyists to engineers, maintenance engineers and buyers as ‘The Development Distributor’, working with leading brands and start-ups to develop new products for market, and supporting the industry as it seeks to develop the current and next generation of engineers.
Farnell trades as Farnell in Europe, Newark in North America, and element14 throughout Asia Pacific. Farnell's global businesses are supported by a global supply chain of more than 3,500 suppliers and has an extensive inventory profile developed to anticipate and meet the needs of innovative customers everywhere. Farnell also sells direct to consumers through a network of resellers, and its CPC business in the UK.
Farnell is a business unit of Avnet (Nasdaq: AVT). Avnet is a global technology solutions provider with an extensive ecosystem that delivers design, product, marketing and supply chain expertise for customers at every stage of the lifecycle.
For more information, visit the website at http://www.farnell.com/corporate