element14 Community Offers Last Minute Holiday Gift Ideas and Giveaways
Fun giveaway opportunities offer the chance to win a Raspberry Pi, Knipex Pliers and even a USB oscilloscope
element14, an Avnet community, is making spirits bright for every engineer on your holiday list with gift ideas and exciting giveaways as part of its annual Engineer and Maker's Wish List. For those seeking great last-minute gift ideas, the element14 Community has selected a mix of popular and innovative products. The list is created for engineers, by engineers, and has gifts they’re sure to love.
Decking Out the Workbench:
- All Purpose Bit Set: This all-purpose kit has everything needed for quick repairs at home or on the go at a repair cafe or hackspace.
- Multicomp Pro 150W Soldering Station: Often needed for repairing electronics, this soldering station could even be used this season to fix broken ornaments.
- Bench Vise: Perfect for an engineer who could use another set of hands, this bench vise also includes an anvil.
Embedding Processing Power:
- Raspberry Pi 4 Model B with 4GB RAM: The latest and fastest Raspberry Pi to date, with the same footprint and connectivity as its predecessors. The onboard WiFi and Bluetooth seal the deal, especially with the updated processor, USB 3 and Gigabit Ethernet.
- BeagleBone AI: Great for engineers looking to push their programming knowledge, it includes a fully open source, documented processor, board, schematics and the ability to embed it in your design from source or scratch.
Tools That Go the Extra Mile:
- Assorted Tool Kit: For the maker or engineer just starting out, this 153-piece set features the everyday essentials that a maker needs.
- BeagleBone Robotics Cape: This add-on cape expands the BeagleBone's capabilities to control the motors needed for robotics and drones.
- PiFace Control and Display: The PiFace add-on board for the Raspberry Pi is an ideal way to interface with heavy hitting hardware.
In addition to the dozens product recommendations vetted by the community, element14 is keeping the holiday spirit going throughout the rest of the year with three giveaway opportunities, open until 30th December:
- The Test & Measurement Tools on the Go Giveaway features key products for frequently travelling engineers and includes the chance to win a USB oscilloscope, digital multimeter and a digital caliper.
- The Circuit Assembly Tools for All Giveaway includes everything an engineer needs to start building circuits, from a breadboard and jumper wires to Knipex Pliers and a nifty assembly turntable.
- The Raspberry Pi Essentials Giveaway offers Pi fans a chance to win a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ starter kit, Speaker pHAT and waterproof camera.
The element14 Community was the first community specifically built for engineers and now has over 650,000 engineer, maker and entrepreneurial members. To see the full range of suggested holiday gifts for engineers, and to enter the giveaways, be sure to check out the element14 Engineer and Maker’s Wish List 2019.
Farnell is a global technology leader with over 80 years in the high service distribution of technology products and solutions for electronic system design, production, maintenance and repair. Farnell uses this experience to support its broad customer base, from hobbyists to engineers, maintenance engineers and buyers as ‘The Development Distributor’, working with leading brands and start-ups to develop new products for market, and supporting the industry as it seeks to develop the current and next generation of engineers.
Farnell trades as Farnell in Europe, Newark in North America, and element14 throughout Asia Pacific. Farnell's global businesses are supported by a global supply chain of more than 3,500 suppliers and has an extensive inventory profile developed to anticipate and meet the needs of innovative customers everywhere. Farnell also sells direct to consumers through a network of resellers, and its CPC business in the UK.
Farnell is a business unit of Avnet (Nasdaq: AVT). Avnet is a global technology solutions provider with an extensive ecosystem that delivers design, product, marketing and supply chain expertise for customers at every stage of the lifecycle.
For more information, visit the website at http://www.farnell.com/corporate