element14 Community releases series of free educational eBooks
eBook series provides in-depth knowledge on essential electronics elements
element14, an Avnet community, announced the release of a series of eBooks written by industry experts that take a deep dive into trending topics in the electronics industry, including transistors, diodes, circuits and more.
element14 Community’s eBooks are designed to help students, professors, and professionals looking to enhance their electronics knowledge and skills. The eBooks are free to download via the element14 Community website.
“The element14 Community team is excited to continue our efforts to bring the best products, tools and services to our community members,” said Dianne Kibbey, Global Head of Community and Social Media for element14. “The series of educational eBooks provides a deep dive into important areas of the electronics industry and help our community enhance their electronics knowledge and skills.”
The series covers a variety of topics of interest to the community, including but not limited to:
- Introduction to Transistors Part 1: A dive into transistors and how they are used in electronic circuitry, what to consider when using one, and how they're designed, made and implemented in a practical project and application.
- Introduction to Transistors Part 2: Building on from part 1 of 'Introduction to Transistors,' this eBook goes into more detail about the functional properties and theory behind their operation, focusing on the basics of biasing with a bipolar junction transistor as a switch and an amplifier.
- Fundamentals of 555 Timers: A discussion on 555 timers and their influence over the electronics industry. It highlights the wide variety of practical applications for the timer from flashing lights, beeping prank devices, security trip alarms, music synthesizers and more. It also discusses how versatile integrated circuits like the 555 timers can be.
- Introduction to Mosfets: An introduction to the popular transistors, Mosfets. It covers the two major types of transistors: bipolar junction transistors (BJTs) and field-effect transistors (FETs).
- Introduction to Diodes: Providing the reader with essential baseline information on Diodes, including what they are and how they operate, as well as where they fit into the larger world of electronics.
- Introduction to Circuits: Introducing circuits, one of the fundamentals in electronics. Learn the basics of circuits and the different types along with how to build a simple circuit.
The wide range of element14 Community eBooks currently available for free download and can be found here: https://community.element14.com/learn/publications/ebooks/?ICID=menubar_learn_ebooks
Newark is part of the Farnell group of businesses, a global technology leader with over 80 years in the high service distribution of technology products and solutions for electronic system design, production, maintenance and repair. Farnell uses this experience to support its broad customer base, from hobbyists to engineers, maintenance engineers and buyers, working with leading brands and start-ups to develop new products for market, and supporting the industry as it seeks to develop the current and next generation of engineers.
Farnell trades as Farnell in Europe; Newark in North America; and element14 throughout Asia Pacific. Farnell sells direct to consumers through a network of resellers and its CPC business in the UK.
Farnell is a business unit of Avnet, Inc. (Nasdaq: AVT). Avnet is a global technology solutions provider with an extensive ecosystem that delivers design, product, marketing and supply chain expertise for customers at every stage of the product lifecycle.
For more information, visit our websites at http://www.farnell.com/corporate and https://www.avnet.com