element14 launches NXP Freedom Development Platform K66F for 32-bit performance and scalable integration
Low cost NXP Freedom development platform K66F for Kinetis K66, K65 and K26 MCUs easily replaces 8- and 16-bit devices with 32-bit performanc
element14 and NXP today announced the launch of NXP’s new Freedom Development Platform K66F for Kinetis K66, K65 and K26 MCUs, which offers optimized performance, scalable integration and low power capabilities. The NXP Freedom Development Platform K66F is ideal for developing low cost, low power applications to replace 8- and 16-bit devices with 32-bit performance particularly in Building Control, Factory Automation, Industrial Drivers, IoT data concentrators and Medical monitoring.
The hardware design is Arduino™ form-factor compatible, featuring Ethernet, crystal-less USB, scalable, secure and OpenSDA to simplify code development. Other features for the FRDM-K66F for Kinetis K66, K65 and K26 include :
- Audio features such as audio codec, digital MEMS microphone, auxiliary audio input jack, headset/analog microphone jack and two inputs for additional analog microphones.
- Peripherals enable rapid prototyping, including a 6-axis digital accelerometer and magnetometer to create full eCompass capabilities, dual role high-speed USB interface with Micro-B USB connector, a microSD card slot, and connectivity using onboard Ethernet port and headers for use with Bluetooth® and 2.4 GHz radio add-on modules.
- OpenSDA v2.1, the NXP open source hardware embedded serial and debug adapter running an open source bootloader, offers options for serial communication, flash programming, and run-control debugging.
This new kit is the latest in element14’s diverse variety of solutions ranging from starter kits to complete development boards, including the newest releases and exclusive bundles at its Design Center.
For more details, downloads and to participate in discussions on the NXP Freedom Development Platform K66F go to the element14 Community.
About the Premier Farnell Group
Premier Farnell is a global leader in high service distribution of technology products and solutions for electronic system design, production, maintenance and repair. Trading as Farnell element14 in Europe, Newark element14 in North America and element14 across Asia Pacific, it had sales last year of £982.7m, the Group is supported by a global supply chain of more than 3,000 suppliers and an inventory profile developed to anticipate and meet its customers’ needs.
Premier Farnell works to bring to market development kits in a variety of applications, enabling it to support the customer from design concept through to production.
The latest products, software, services and solutions from trusted supplier partners are all available through 43 local language transactional websites. The element14 Community allows buyers and engineers to access a wide range of independent technical information, tools and the latest resources and the Design Center enables design engineers to compare kits from the world’s greatest range of development tools.
For news updates from Premier Farnell and element14 visit:
Premier Farnell News Centre – www.premierfarnell.com/media-centre
Twitter - @element14
YouTube – element14
Facebook – facebook.com/element14page
Premier Farnell Key facts
- Operations in 38 different countries
- More than 4,500 employees
- More than 3,000 leading suppliers
- More than 600,000 products stocked with access to over four million more on demand
- Leaders in providing information on REACH, Conflict Mineralsand EU RoHS legislation
For more information visit the website at Premier Farnell.