element14 showcases TE Connectivity’s product solutions for transportation
Search, review and choose the right solutions from TE Connectivity for electrified railway transportation and more
element14 has partnered with TE Connectivity (TE), a global leader in connectivity and sensors, to feature unique high-voltage components for transportation applications in its storefront, including products focused on rail system operations, for a range of climate and environmental conditions.
These high-voltage components are equipped to help meet the evolving needs of public transportation in growing cities. The products are commonly used for installation between an electrified train’s pantograph and transformer or between train cars to safely connect the train’s power and data systems.
Sean Mak, Head of Supplier Management – Connectors, element14, said:
"As urban centers continue to grow quickly, engineers are tasked with finding technical solutions that support the needs of public transportation, specifically electrified railways. These engineers can visit our TE storefront pages to select, review and purchase the proper solutions that meet these and other transportation design needs."
element14’s portfolio of TE transportation components includes connectors, relays, switches, application tooling, and wire and cable management:
- Connectors: A comprehensive offering of more than 10,000 connectors, including gold plated phosphor bronze D sub connectors and MTE receptacle connector housing, are available to make electrical and mechanical connections between conductors easier for engineers.
- Relays: The broad range of industry-leading relays include automotive, power, safety and signal, in addition to accessories such as sockets and clips.
- Application tooling: The portfolio includes a wide range of battery, hydraulic and manual tools to crimp the catenary connectors and droppers of electrified railways.
- Switches: Key-lock operated, pushbutton, rocker, rotary, slide, tactile switches and more are available.
- Wire and cable management: Suitable for most polymeric cables, TE’s high-voltage and medium-voltage wire and cable accessories require short installation times, reducing the number of outages.
Engineers can access element14’s new TE storefront for more information to support the development of next-generation technologies for rail transportation at http://sg.element14.com/te-connectivity-multibrand
About the Premier Farnell Group
Premier Farnell plc (LSE:pfl) is a global leader in high service distribution of technology products and solutions for electronic system design, production, maintenance and repair. Trading as Farnell element14 in Europe, Newark element14 in North America and element14 across Asia Pacific, it had sales last year of £982.7m, the Group is supported by a global supply chain of more than 3,000 suppliers and an inventory profile developed to anticipate and meet its customers’ needs.
Premier Farnell works to bring to market development kits in a variety of applications, enabling it to support the customer from design concept through to production.
The latest products, software, services and solutions from trusted supplier partners are all available through 43 local language transactional websites. The element14 Community allows buyers and engineers to access a wide range of independent technical information, tools and the latest resources and the Design Center enables design engineers to compare kits from the world’s greatest range of development tools.
For news updates from Premier Farnell and element14 visit:
Premier Farnell News Centre – www.element14.com/news
Twitter - @element14
YouTube – element14
Facebook – facebook.com/element14page
Premier Farnell Key facts
- Operations in 38 different countries
- More than 4,500 employees
- More than 3,000 leading suppliers
- More than 600,000 products stocked with access to over four million more on demand
- Leaders in providing information on REACH, Conflict Mineralsand EU RoHS legislation
For more information visit the website at Premier Farnell.