Farnell element14 presents the future of electronics at Embedded World 2017
Farnell element14 will be reinforcing its credentials as the Development Distributor at Embedded World in Nuremberg, Germany, 14 – 16 March, Hall 3, Stand 221, focusing on how it works with education, makers, start-ups and the leading semi-conductor manufacturers to shape the future of electronics.
The focus of the stand will be on Farnell element14’s leadership in Research and Design, highlighting its broad range of development kits and software as well as services such as customisation and design that support new and established businesses to bring their products to market. Additionally, Farnell element14 will display the latest products and programmes for Education and Makers, recognising the importance of training and nurturing an interest in coding and engineering to support the engineers of the future.
Farnell element14 works with start-ups, engineering design houses and semi-conductor manufacturers to support the design and production of some of the world’s leading development kits and single board computers. At Embedded World, Farnell element14 will show how it works with customers of all sizes to help them bring their products to market and how its exclusive customisation programme is helping start-ups and engineering design-houses to benefit from the increasingly high performance, affordable price point and speed to market associated with using a standard board, whilst providing flexibility of form factor and key elements to suit their individual requirements.
Visitors to the stand can learn more about how this works and see an industrial automation prototype from German company Hilscher that has been brought to life using this unique service.
Visitors will also be able to view, and talk to Farnell element14’s technical team about, the latest product launches in the Raspberry Pi ecosystem including the Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3 and Bitscope Blade, as well as latest development kits, software and key launches for the wearables market.
Farnell element14’s popular ‘Beat the Pi’ competition will challenge visitors to test their reaction times against the Raspberry Pi and fellow visitors for their chance to win an IoT Starter Kit and other single board computers and development kits
Find out more about Farnell element14 at Embedded World and to claim free visitor tickets at www.embeddedworld.farnell.com
Farnell element14 is part of the Premier Farnell group of businesses, a global technology leader with over 80 years in the high service distribution of technology products and solutions for electronic system design, production, maintenance and repair. Premier Farnell uses this experience to support its broad customer base, from hobbyists to engineers, maintenance engineers and buyers as ‘The Development Distributor’, working with leading brands and start-ups to develop new products for market, and supporting the industry as it seeks to develop the current and next generation of engineers.
Premier Farnell focuses its offering around four core customer journeys:
- Education to Maker – Premier Farnell is an official manufacturer of two of the most popular Maker Boards, Raspberry Pi and Beaglebone Black, and exclusive manufacturer of educational programming boards such as the BBC micro:bit and Codebug. Customers are supported through element14.com, the largest online engineering and maker community, also providing support to educators and parents through its new STEM space.
- Research and Design Services - Premier Farnell is the No.1 for Development Kits, having worked with the world’s leading Semiconductor companies to design and manufacture their latest development boards in house. A deep understanding and design knowledge of the latest Semiconductor Devices available also supports Premier Farnell’s broader design assistance offering, providing a similar service to customers of all sizes who are seeking additional engineering support.
- Design through to Production – Premier Farnell provides an entire solution for design to manufacturing customers, with the broadest range of Semiconductor and Passive inventory available, a world class line card, same day despatch, a strong board level Interconnect proposition and growing Electromechanical proposition. In addition, it has the technical support capabilities to meet all customers’ needs, from simple cross-reference to complex design.
- Bench to Board – Premier Farnell offers one of the industry’s broadest ranges of Test & Measurement equipment and a leading line card for all Tool & Production supplies supporting customers from the testing of initial designs to delivering essential maintenance activity to keep their operations running.
Premier Farnell is a business unit of Avnet Electronics Marketing, the components operating group of Avnet, Inc., (NYSE:AVT). Premier Farnell trades as Farnell element14 in Europe, Newark element14 in North America, and element14 throughout Asia Pacific. The Premier Farnell Group is supported by a global supply chain of more than 3,500 suppliers and has an extensive inventory profile developed to anticipate and meet the needs of innovative customers everywhere.
- Operations in 38 countries and 43 local language transactional websites
- More than 3,500 leading suppliers
- More than 650,000 products stocked with access to over four million more on demand
- More than 440,000 members of the element14 community
- Leaders in providing information on REACH, Conflict Minerals and EU RoHS legislation
For more information, visit the website at http://www.premierfarnell.com