Farnell showcasing innovative products from its start-up programme at SiDO 2019
Visitors to Stand E307 can also view brand demos from leading suppliers
Farnell, the Development Distributor, will showcase a number of major new additions to its range of smart IoT and automation products and feature start-ups working with Farnell to bring products to market, at SiDO 2019. Visitors to Stand E307 will also have the opportunity to meet with leading suppliers including Omron, Microchip and Arduino.
New products demonstrated on stand include:
- Raspberry Pi and MATRIX creator: Google home assistant based on a Raspberry Pi and MATRIX creator. The home assistant device is embedded into a 3D printed Iron Man, enabling visitors to experience life as Tony Stark by interacting with a real-life Jarvis.
- Avnet Smartedge Agile and Brainium IoT solution: The Smartedge Agile meta-sensor, together with the Brainium IoT platform, form part of an end-to-end IoT solution that delivers AI and Security at the Edge. This hardware and software combination introduces a new Meta sensing category in to the IoT market. The key advantage of this ecosystem is the use of the same solution for all stages of the IoT project - from proof of concept to manufacturing. At SiDO, see this IoT device perform the gestures of your favourite superhero.
Farnell has an established start-up programme in France and is currently working with around 80 start-ups as they bring their products to market. At the SiDO exhibition, Farnell will show the services it can provide to customers of all sizes including an exclusive customisation programme, Design & Manufacturing services and dedicated support for start-ups including preferential terms and conditions through its Start SomeWhere scheme.
A number of start-ups currently working with Farnell will also be featured on stand, including:
- Lancey Energy Storage – Lancey are showcasing a first-of-its-kind electric space heater with an integrated battery and smart sensors. The battery charges during off-peak hours to conserve energy consumption and optimise consumer spending on electricity bills. The smart heater also learns from a user’s habits over time and optimises consumption without compromising comfort.
- MIP Robotics – MIP Robotics design robots for industrial use in small and medium production, accessible even to users with limited knowledge of computers and programming. They believe the industrial robots of tomorrow should be easier to use, safer, and more economical.
- Senssight – Senssight is an industrial expert of thermal infrared vision systems. Their technology is being used to solve industrial problems in the transportation, security and industrial maintenance sectors as well as playing a key role in the development of smart city technology.
For more information about Farnell at SiDO please visit the SiDO website.
Premier Farnell is a global technology leader with over 80 years in the high service distribution of technology products and solutions for electronic system design, production, maintenance and repair. Premier Farnell uses this experience to support its broad customer base, from hobbyists to engineers, maintenance engineers and buyers as ‘The Development Distributor’, working with leading brands and start-ups to develop new products for market, and supporting the industry as it seeks to develop the current and next generation of engineers.
Premier Farnell is a business unit of Avnet (Nasdaq: AVT). Premier Farnell trades as Farnell element14 in Europe, Newark element14 in North America, and element14 throughout Asia Pacific. The Premier Farnell Group is supported by a global supply chain of more than 3,500 suppliers and has an extensive inventory profile developed to anticipate and meet the needs of innovative customers everywhere. Premier Farnell sells direct to consumers through a network of resellers, and its CPC business in the UK.
For more information, visit the website at http://www.premierfarnell.com