Newark element14 Adds Omron Safety Tools and Solutions to Product Portfolio
Safety interlock switch, limit switch, light curtain, relay, controller and free GOTCHA STICK among newly available items
Global electronics distributor Newark element14 has added a new line of products from Omron Automation and Safety to its product portfolio. The newly available safety solutions include an interlock switch, limit switch, light curtain, relay, controller and related components to empower technicians to operate with greater productivity and efficiency.
Use cases and product specifications of the new items are detailed below:
- Safety Interlock Switch: Designed to endure one million actuations, this tamper-resistant safety switch is ideal for smaller machines and space restrictions with a rotatable head and eight possible actuator entry points for flexible and easy installation.
- Safety Limit Switch: The standardized gold-clad contacts provide high contact reliability, and its Safety-oriented Lever Setting (form-lock construction) utilizes grooves cut into the lever and rotary shaft to prevent slipping.
- Safety Light Curtain: With built-in muting and banking with warning zone alerts, this rugged, IP67 rated enclosure has a slim, space-saving profile and resists washdown.
- Safety Relay: Ideal for use in safety circuits within production machinery, the Omron Safety Relay features a slim design with forcibly guided contacts and is available in four-pole and six-pole models.
- Safety Controller: This software-based standalone controller offers faster and easier integration (compared to hardwired systems), greatly reduces set-up time and is ideal for uses in the packaging, food, automotive components, injection molding and printing industries.
- Emergency Stop Switch: Includes a direct opening mechanism to open contacts in emergencies, a safety lock to prevent misuse and separate construction that allows the switch to be separated for easier wiring and one-piece construction.
Newark element14’s complete selection of Omron’s safety interlock switches, limit switches, light curtains, relays and controllers includes additional components and accessories.
Via the Newark element14 site, engineers can request their free Gotcha Stick to help identify machine hazards. Omron’s Gotcha Stick allows operators to easily prevent access to hazardous situations – whether located at the point of operation or another dangerous position on a machine – and verify the ability of the barrier guard to protect personnel.
For more information about Omron’s safety solutions, visit www.newark.com/omron-industrial-automation.
About the Premier Farnell Group
Premier Farnell plc (LSE:pfl) is a global leader in high service distribution of technology products and solutions for electronic system design, production, maintenance and repair. Trading as Farnell element14 in Europe, Newark element14 in North America and element14 across Asia Pacific, it had sales last year of £982.7m, the Group is supported by a global supply chain of more than 3,000 suppliers and an inventory profile developed to anticipate and meet its customers’ needs.
Premier Farnell works to bring to market development kits in a variety of applications, enabling it to support the customer from design concept through to production.
The latest products, software, services and solutions from trusted supplier partners are all available through 43 local language transactional websites. The element14 Community allows buyers and engineers to access a wide range of independent technical information, tools and the latest resources and the Design Center enables design engineers to compare kits from the world’s greatest range of development tools.
For news updates from Premier Farnell and element14 visit:
Premier Farnell News Centre – www.premierfarnell.com/media-centre
Twitter - @element14
YouTube – element14
Facebook – facebook.com/element14page
Premier Farnell Key facts
- Operations in 38 different countries
- More than 4,500 employees
- More than 3,000 leading suppliers
- More than 600,000 products stocked with access to over four million more on demand
- Leaders in providing information on REACH, Conflict Mineralsand EU RoHS legislation
For more information visit the website at Premier Farnell.