Newark element14 now shipping ARCA IEC from Fibox
Enclosing Solutions for Harsh and Demanding Environments at Considerably Less Cost than the Metal Alternative
Newark element14, the Development Distributor, is now stocking the Fibox ARCA IEC High Performance cabinet, the largest polycarbonate enclosure on the market, suitable for use in the most demanding of environments. The ARCA IEC includes all the features of traditional steel cabinets with the additional benefits of high grade thermoplastic – all at a price considerably less than the cost of a metal enclosure. Suited for users of sheet steel and fiberglass cabinets, it is designed for broad application including automation control, instrumentation and monitoring.
The ARCA IEC is now available in landscape orientation as well as portrait, is easy to use and quick to install, providing a non-corrosive and cost effective alternative to sheet steel cabinets for harsh and demanding environments. The UV resistant polycarbonate enclosure will not rust, dent, crack or bloom like steel or fiberglass, weighs less and is much easier to modify.
Key features include:
- Compact profile, adding strength and rigidity
- Overlapping cover for strength and increased gasket protection
- Stylized corners for rigidity and strength.
- Interchangeable metal or non-metallic latches to mount without penetrating the enclosure
- Top level mounting point creating easier, strong accessory mounting
- Optional hinged panels to mount fixed front plates without additional components
- Glass filled polycarbonate in both cover and base
- Easily removable stainless steel hinge pin
- Wi-fi friendly polycarbonate eliminating the need for an external antenna for radio transmission.
- Easy to modify with options to make cut-outs or holes without the use of special tools or safety precautions
- Lightweight in comparison to metal and fiberglass
The ARCA IEC is manufactured in Fibox polycarbonate, a robust plastic that can endure 25 years of sun, without drying or cracking, keeping components dry and dust free. Like all Fibox products the ARCA IEC is UL listed and rated 4 and 4X.
The ARCA IEC is available to buy from Newark element14 in North America.
Premier Farnell is a global technology leader with over 80 years in the high service distribution of technology products and solutions for electronic system design, production, maintenance and repair. Premier Farnell uses this experience to support its broad customer base, from hobbyists to engineers, maintenance engineers and buyers as ‘The Development Distributor’, working with leading brands and start-ups to develop new products for market, and supporting the industry as it seeks to develop the current and next generation of engineers.
Premier Farnell is a business unit Avnet, Inc., (NYSE:AVT). Premier Farnell trades as Farnell element14 in Europe, Newark element14 in North America, and element14 throughout Asia Pacific. The Premier Farnell Group is supported by a global supply chain of more than 3,500 suppliers and has an extensive inventory profile developed to anticipate and meet the needs of innovative customers everywhere. Premier Farnell sells direct to consumers through Forthings.io in the UK and Ireland, Spain, Denmark, Finland and Sweden, a network of resellers, and its CPC business in the UK.
For more information, visit the website at http://www.premierfarnell.com