Yes I am an udergraduate Engineering student and have been busy with my pre-final year exams, which were keeping me barred to progress in this design challenge. I waited a long to tinker with my new kits and finally I can start now. I have planned on journey ahead in Enchanted Wardrobe and will document the whole build in number of blog post.
1) Taking Yun to the cloud and talk to Yahoo Weather API using Temboo.
2) Parseing the XML response from Yahoo to extract the useful required information.
3) Mapping the temperature and current weather conditions to type of clothes suggested to wear on that specific day.
4) Adding a Reed/Door open switch to make Yun starts fetching data and process it only when wardrobe door is opened to make it less power hungry.
5) Adding text-to-speech capabilities and RGB i2c LCD to display and speaks out current weather conditions.
6) Adding a user button on application of which the suggested clothes section will automatically come ahead for easy access.(Need to figure out the mechanics behind and tinker with my wardrobe).
7) Optional: Mapping temperature data to RGB values using linear interpolation and show it on RGB LED wrapped in circle inside wardrobe and programmed using RGB infineon shield.
Lets start the journey, though am starting a bit late, but wish to complete it on time. Fingers Crossed . Only 4 weeks left..