verrverr was so kind to provide a nice overview video on using the EOP350 programmer. I used it yesterday to change the configuration of my STM330 sensor to also accomodate the HSM100 humidity sensor. Since I needed to put the video in pause mode and just changed the time slider to see whats happening, I thought it might be a good idea to write down how its done (I assume that all programs are already installed)
Changing the STM330 sensor profile
- remove the TCM320 module from the programmer
- and replace it with the STM330 you want to program (watch the orientation, and the the module really fits the connector - its easy to do that wrong)
- connect the EOP350 board with the computer, and start DolphinStudio
- Select the serial port where the programm is connected
- and the open the programmer tab in Studio
- In the 'Module Information' screen click on 'Retrieve' to get the data from the STM330 sensor
- There you should see that the firmware is 'STMTRH' (its called 'App Description')
- If not, it needs to be reprogrammed, but by default it should be there
- Go to the 'Module Configuration' screen
- select the right sensor type (STM330), and the click (Read configuration')
- Now you see the right configuration as its in the sensor right now
- The threshold values should not be "0xFF', but the default values
- Select the profile you want to use (for using the HSM100 its 'A5-04-01'), and click 'Write Configuration')
- The write should successful
- If you get a message that this operation can be done only with the 'STMTRH' firmware, you either have the wrong firmware on the sensor, or forgot to put the STM330 there instead of the TCM320 (BTDT)
Bonus: Listening in
If you want to see what all these EnOcean sensors are transmitting, put the TCM320 back again into the EOP350 board (watch for the orientation). Connect the EOP350 back again to the computer (you did plug it off when changing the module, right?).
Then start DolphinView Advanced, and select the right serial port for the board. When trying to connect, it will complain that the firmware on the module cannot be used. So download the right firmware to it (just click 'Download'), the connect again.
Now on the left hand side all module that are found (because they have transmitted something) will be listed, and on the right hand side you can see all the details.
If you set, in the 'EEP view', the profile right, the data will be decoded (so you see e.g. the STM330 temperature).