Skip navigation
I was really hoping that I would have cracked on with the jacket this week in the evenings after work. I even missed roller skating on Tuesday night and rushed back from ice skating on Wednesday, but unfortunately due to issues arising at work meant that I didn't have the time I really wanted to commit to getting it done, due to staying on late to try to resolve the issues. It's just been typical that this week has correlated to tricky faults both at work and home, now luckily work seems to be ...
This is it! My final post This is were you get to see my ColorCam and this nifty video I made.   First of all I would like to take the opportunity to thank Element14 and Adafruit for selecting me for this challenge. It was one bumpy, but instructive ride!   Also a big warm thanks for my boyfriend Victor Sluiter, who has helped me so much along the way. I can honestly say I wouldn't have been able to do this without him! So, thanks honey!   So here is my video, I hope you al ...
linkaspers

Flora ColorCam:

Posted by linkaspers Oct 4, 2013
Before I publish my last post I wanted to review a few things about the project as a whole.   First I made a video to show you how I attached the conductive fabric buttons to my project. I did this a bit different from the ways shown in the Adafruit tutorials, since I needed the whole to be quite sturdy.     I threw myself in this project with enormous enthusiasm. I thought it would be soo much fun making the kiddiecam I saw in my head. As it turns out, it was a lot of fu ...
So only two more things need to do today. I need to write my final post containing a video of the ColorCam, and I want to show my newest adition to this project.   When we were experimenting with the colorsensor we quickly found out that a large, bright colored surface works better than a small surface. So I decided to make some large objects that a kid could use with his ColorCam. At first I made them out of paper, but that didn't seem right. Kids and paper, it usually becomes a mess pre ...
Here was the drawing we included in our initial bid.     And we kind of got there but time ran out on us.  The failures just kept multiplying yesterday after we tried to take a video of them in action.  Here is a pic from yesterday.      Cute, but no effects were working because a button on Ellison's suit failed.    The problems continued into today when I accidently killed the arduino controlling her costume.  At that point Ellison and ...