Here was the drawing we included in our initial bid.

 

costumes.jpg

 

And we kind of got there but time ran out on us.  The failures just kept multiplying yesterday after we tried to take a video of them in action.  Here is a pic from yesterday. 

 

 

image.jpeg

Cute, but no effects were working because a button on Ellison's suit failed. 

 

The problems continued into today when I accidently killed the arduino controlling her costume.  At that point Ellison and Rowan had skipped town and I have a big laundry list of things to do before my parents come to town on Saturday. 

 

I made a video for those who want to see the costumes in their diminished capability and hear my "final report". 

 

 

Thanks for the challenge Element14 and AdaFruit.  We got close but ran out of time.