Apologies folks for the long gap between posts!
Things have been moving forward, although not as fast as I would like, and not ion all the areas I would like them to.
- Assembled a frame for the project - Ikea Gorm frame, fluorescent tube lighting - the lighting is GE's F40T12 Plant and Aquarium bulbs in a cheap fixture.
- Started seedlings (require only moisture until after germination).
- Assembled components and workbench - power supply, soldering station.
- House renovations - I am coming to an end of my kitchen renovation project, which has unfortunately consumed almost all of my "spare" time.
- I am still short a few components that are on back order - but this is not yet a blocker, as I have yet to utilize the things I have on hand.
- Work schedule - I have been "under the gun" at work on an embedded project (our next generation Ground Penetrating Radar) which frankly has been taking most of my mind share lately.
Enough of the excuses already, here are some pictures.
- Install OS on Beaglebone Black. Add ROS packages, configure and test.
- Setup development environments for the CC3200 and MSP430.
- Integrate the microcontrollers with the Beaglebone Black using ROS.
- I have a circuit design for the pH meter (although this is not a high priority item, I happened to receive this sensor already, so I will incorporate it). Next is to build and test the circuit.
- I have a moisture and temperature sensor (TH75 based) - connect and test.