Good day comrades! I am very glad for the opportunity to participate in a Smarter Life Challenge!
The last few years, I am fond of RC models. I already have a wheeled robot, several helicopters and completely DIY micro-quadrocopter. It is time for tricopter!
So, the main features of this project are:
- Frame construction: Classic tricopter (weight ~0.75kg).
- "Heart" of tricopter: PSoC 4.
- BLDC ESC's with custom firmware.
- FPV with OSD function (optional).
- Custom Tx system (optional).
You should immediately notice that I live in Russia and the delivery can be a big problem, for this reason, I split the project into two stages (A and B):
- Create based on PSoC 4 heart (for tri and quadcopter).
- Create Firmware (for tri and quadcopter).
- Install "1" and "2" to my old DIY Quadcopter with DC-motors.
- Use my Turnigy Tx-system to control it.
- Get based on PSoC 4 heart from stage A
- Get Firmware from stage A
- Create a new DIY Tricoter frame with motors, props etc.
- Update firmware on ESC's
- Connect all together
- Use my Turnigy Tx-system to control it
- Get all from stage B
- Install FPV and OSD system
- Create based on Arduino Esplora (or somthing like this) Tx system
Now I want to:
- Receive PSoC 4 develompent board and start to create firmware. As a starting point I want to use open-source project MultiWii 2.0.
- Buy all RC-parts on HobbyKing (~200-300$).
- Farnell's 500$ I want to use first of all for buying Arduino Esplora, PSoC 4 chips and some instruments.
Update blog I plan to once a week (or more frequently as possible). If you have some interesting ideas - I'll be glad to see it!
UPD (26.dec.2013): removed unnecessary steps
|1||PSoC 4 Tricopter Part #1||Introduction|
|2||PSoC 4 Tricopter Part #2||Purchase of components from Farnell and HobbyKing|
|3||PSoC 4 Tricopter Part #3||PSoC firmware: upTime & Rx|
|4||PSoC 4 Tricopter Part #4||PSoC firmware: UART & MultiWii GUI|
|5||PSoC 4 Tricopter Part #5||PSoC firmware: EEPROM emulation|
|6||PSoC 4 Tricopter Part #6||PSoC firmware: Servo & ESC control|
|7||PSoC 4 Tricopter Part #7||PSoC firmware: IMU, LED's & PID|
|8||PSoC 4 Tricopter Part #8||Hardware: PCB|
|9||PSoC 4 Tricopter Part #9||Hardware: tricopter's frame|
|10||PSoC 4 Tricopter Part #10||Hardware: YAW mechanics & motors|
|11||PSoC 4 Tricopter Part #11||Hardware: ESC's, wires & misc|
|12||PSoC 4 Tricopter Part #12||Final: The first fly|