The Azure Sphere device in the Guardian communicates with the cloud, instead of the device, and therefore protects equipment from attack. This ensures that data is only transmitted between the trusted cloud and device communications partners; the module's software and equipment remain intact and secured. With Avnet Guardian, enterprise customers can more confidently connect existing devices to the cloud, helping them to operate more efficiently, drive innovation, and create a better customer experience. Product Brief
Beyond retrofitting existing devices, Avnet Guardian can also improve connectivity that does not meet enterprise-level security requirements. It is a good fit for any industry that operates using mission-critical, capital-intense equipment.
Businesses can start seeing value right away with plug and play modules that are easy for anyone, including non-technical onsite employees, to install. It also integrates with Avnet's IoTConnect, a secure, cloud-based platform with a portfolio of pre-built, smart, industry-specific connectivity solutions. Businesses can use these to quickly implement innovative IoT solutions and gain real-time data insights.
Customers will need a free Azure tenant to enable automated Azure Sphere security updates. Azure Sphere can be used with other non-Azure cloud services, or even pushed to a customer's existing, internal data center.
Click on the images to enlarge
Features / Hardware Specification / Key Benefits / Kit Includes / Target Applications / Technical Documents
- Avnet Azure Sphere Module based on the MT3620AN SoC that features:
- 1x 500MHz ARM Cortex A7, 4MB SRAM
- 2x 200MHz ARM Cortex M4F cores, 192kB TCM, 64kB SRAM, integrated FPU
- On-chip QSPI flash memory (16 MB)
- Dual-band 2.4/5GHz 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi
- DDual-band 2.4/5GHz Chip Antenna (Pulse W3006)
- Ethernet 10BaseT Interface, RJ45 connector and Magnetics
- USB 2.0 Device Interface and USB power (USB type-B connector)
- USB 2.0 Debug/Program Interface (internal microUSB connector)
- 7x Status LEDs: Power, User-1,-2,-3, Debug/Program USB, Ethernet-A,-B
- 5V to 3.3V DC/DC Power Regulation (2A max, with over voltage protection)
- Operating Temperature: -30°C to 85°C (USB interface) / -30°C to 70°C (Ethernet)
- Dimensions: *84mm x 84mm x 34mm (*W=108mm including mounting flanges)
- Securely connect existing devices: Retrofit existing equipment easily and cost-effectively with a comprehensive, highly secure cloud connectivity solution.
- Streamline operations: Remotely monitor and manage equipment to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and improve the customer experience.
- Gain critical insights: Enable real-time analytics and artificial intelligence to drive innovation and transform your business.
- Machine Monitoring/Control
- Asset monitoring and Access
- Food Services and Smart Retail
- HVAC and Refrigeration
- IoT Appliances and Devices
- Smart City and Smart Agriculture
- Factory and Building Automation
- Azure Sphere Guardian 100 Edge Device
- USB 2.0 type-A to type-B cable
- Ethernet Cat-5 cable
- Quick Start Card