The Ultra96-V2 boots from the provided Delkin 16 GB microSD card. You can connect to Ultra96-V2 through a Webserver using integrated wireless access point capability, or you can use the provided PetaLinux desktop environment viewable on the integrated Mini DisplayPort video output. Multiple application examples and on-board development options are provided. Product Brief (Datasheet)
Ultra96-V2 provides four user-controllable LEDs. Engineers may also interact with the board through the 96Boards-compatible low and high-speed expansion connectors by adding peripheral accessories, such as those included in the MikroE Click Mezzanine for 96Boards.
Micron LPDDR4 memory provides 2 GB of RAM in a 512M x 32 configuration. Wireless options include 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 5 Low Energy. The radio module is Agency Certified in over 75 countries. UARTs are accessible on a header and through the expansion connector. JTAG is available through a header. The convenient JTAG/UART Pod provides both connections via USB. I2C is available through the expansion connector.
Two Microchip USB3320 USB 2.0 ULPI Transceivers and one Microchip USB5744 4-Port SS/HS USB Controller Hub enable multiple USB connections. Ultra96-V2 provides one upstream (device) and two downstream (host) USB 3.0 connections. A USB 2.0 downstream (host) interface is available via the high-speed expansion.
The integrated power supply generates all on-board voltages from an external 12V supply.
The original Ultra96 has been discontinued, but you may still access the on-line forum, technical documentation, and more.
Click on the images to enlarge
Features / Kit Includes / Microchip Certified / Target Applications / Reference Design / Technical Documents
- Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC ZU3EG A484
- Micron 2 GB (512M x32) LPDDR4 Memory
- Delkin 16 GB microSD card + adapter
- PetaLinux environment available for download
- Microchip Wi-Fi / Bluetooth
- Mini DisplayPort (MiniDP or mDP)
- 1x USB 3.0 Type Micro-B upstream port
- 2x USB 3.0, 1x USB 2.0 Type A downstream ports
- 40-pin 96Boards Low-speed expansion header
- 60-pin 96Boards High-speed expansion header
- 85mm x 54mm form factor
- Linaro 96Boards Consumer Edition compatible
- Artificial Intelligence
- Machine Learning
- IoT/Cloud connectivity for add-on sensors
- Embedded Computing
- Entry level Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC development environment
- Training, prototyping and proof-of-concept demo platform
- Wireless design and demonstrations using Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Ultra96-V2 development board
- 16 GB microSD card + adapter
- Voucher for SDSoC License from Xilinx
- Quick-start instruction card
The Ultra96-V2's Microchip ATWILC3000 Pre-Certified Countries
Papua New Guinea
UAE (United Arab Emirates)