Autodesk EAGLE and Fusion 360 - 15% off
The offer has ended but well worth watching the videos/webinar recording to see the great interaction between EAGLE and Fusion 360.
Get the best of both worlds, electronic and mechanical design, in one super value bundle complete with a time limited 15% discount off the regular price. Experience working in the converging worlds of ECAD and MCAD, discover new possibilities for design and team collaboration, two best of breed products working as one.
Purchase EAGLE Premium with Fusion 360 Standard 1 year subscription bundle now, you will receive 15% off our the standard pre-promotion regular list price.
[Purchase links removed now the offer has expired]
EAGLE is taking us where no PCB design software has gone before with its MCAD integration, watch the video (below) to get a taste for what is possible. Don’t limit your imagination with outdated software, get the bundle (EAGLE Premium and Fusion 360 Standard) and expand your design horizons.
Learn more about using EAGLE with Fusion 360, join us and watch our live webinars to see ECAD <=> MCAD integration in action.
Autodesk EAGLE: Electrical and Mechanical Workflow
For this webinar we will be covering:
For a very long time there has been an increasing demand for the capability of exchanging design file within an Electronic Design Application and a Mechanical Design CAD system. That has now been resolved with the latest release of Autodesk EAGLE. This new system allows users to fully interpolate files between EAGLE and the well known mechanical solution by Autodesk called Fusion360. Please follow Edwin Robledo and Jorge Garcia as they guide you at the best practices to optimize your workflow between EAGLE and Fusion 360.
What Attendees Will Learn:
- Sketch board outlines in fusion and import into EAGLE
- Edit board outline, add mechanical data in EAGLE and push to fusion
- Build a board outline in Fusion360 by projecting a plane in an enclosure
- Move components in Fusion360 and adjust routes in EAGLE
Sep 26, 2017 7:00 PM IST (Europe/Dublin)
Oct 24, 2017 7:00 PM IST (Europe/Dublin)
Mapping 3D models to EAGLE parts
For this webinar we will be covering:
For a very long time there has been an increasing demand for the capability of exchanging design file within an Electronic Design Application and a Mechanical Design CAD system. That has now been resolved with the latest release of Autodesk EAGLE. This new system allows users to fully interpolate files between EAGLE and the well known mechanical solution by Autodesk called Fusion360. Please follow Edwin Robledo, from the Autodesk EAGLE support team, as he will teach us exactly the fundamental concepts necessary to map your EAGLE components to 3D models. Providing you the capability of pushing your design projects to Fusion360 in 3D editable format.
What the Attendees Will Learn:
- How to create a manage library
- Creating a new version from local changes
- Map 3D Components to EAGLE Footprints
- Update your manage library to the latest version
Sep 19, 2017 7:00 PM IST (Europe/Dublin)
Oct 17, 2017 7:00 PM IST (Europe/Dublin)
New EAGLE Features
If you haven't explored the new EAGLE 8.3 software yet here's some of the features to look out for.
- Board Shaper
- PCB Preview
- Fusion 360 Integration
- Active Layer Mode
- For reliable export to manufacturing EAGLE now has a proper board shape feature that plays nicely with low-level features (dimension layer, milling layer...) and DRC.
- Adds a new board shape object that lets you visually define the shape of your board
- Added as a button in the eagle toolbar
- Instead of just using lines on a certain layer, there’s a dedicated object for board shape
- This will affect everything including Gerbers, drill files, MCAD integration, ECAD integration
- Panel that shows your PCB in real-time and how it will look when manufactured
- Statistics of design to be shown: Minimum features: trace width, spacing, drill sizes (plated & non-plated)/no. tools, copper traces/pads to copper pour, annular ring, copper to non-plated holes, board to copper clearance (inner and outer layers), soldermask swell, plated slot width, non-plated slot width → see Ucamco Integr8tor report
- Statistics: board dimensions/area, number of holes, copper area
- Visually you’ll see soldermask over the traces, just like you would on a manufactured PCB
- You can rotate the 2D view to see the board in a new perspective - top, down, left, right, etc…
- Can also isolate different layers and get a quick image of your board for documentation, notes, marketing, etc…
- Provides a 1-click method to instantly export all Gerber files for your design
Fusion 360 Integration
Online Library Editor
- Online libraries now come with an included 3D model that’s probably aligned on footprint (land pattern)
- Other vendors and even you can import eagle libraries into the online libraries platform and attach 3D models to parts via the online package editor
- Open the online package editor which allows you to edit the footprint and add a new 3D model
- After saving, a new version of the package is created and the libraries containing said package will be updated
3D Models in Libraries
- Devices with an online 3D model will be marked with a package icon letting you know that the component has an associated model.
- If you add one of these parts with a 3D model then the 3D representation of his board will contain 3D package models for these components, while other components won't be visible.
Sync Board with Fusion
- You can now link your EAGLE .brd file to a Fusion PCB file (FPCB) allowing you to get an exact representation of your PCB in Fusion 360.
- There is button in eagle allowing you to sync your board file with its 3D representation in fusion. There are three possible scenarios to provide a workflow to meet every team’s needs:
- Create new fusion model starting from current board file. This creates a new PCB model in Fusion containing a board outline, extruded thickness, and 3D package model for every component that has a 3D model defined.
- Create a new board file for existing Fusion PCB file. You can create a new eagle project, and press the Sync button in board editor mode. In Fusion you’ll use the Pull button to pull in this new board file. This will link the eagle file and fusion file together for future synchronization.
- Synchronize current board model with existing Fusion PCB file. You can both push and pull changes to your board file between Fusion and Eagle.
- If your board file is updated, you can press push button to push changes to fusion and this will create a new version of the PCB model in fusion.
- If the PCB model is updated in fusion, you can press pull button to pull changes from Fusion (board outline and component position changes) into eagle
Editing 3D PCB in Fusion
- In Fusion the PCB file will appear as a normal fusion model in your project sidebar. You can open and edit this 3D PCB model by:
- Changing the board shape by modifying the 2D sketch of the board. Board thickness and extruded height cannot be changed.
- You can also move the 3D package models around on the board via the X and Y axis.
- You can also use this PCB model to verify correct fit with an enclosure model. If the PCB does not fit, then you can quickly edit the 3D pcb model’s shape and push these changes back to eagle.
Learn more in this blog post.