Josh Gavin intends to Hack like Heck
Hi. I had intended to enter this competition since the day the video was released. I have been watching Ben Heck for years with some of my favourite projects being his portable Xbox and Raspberry Pi. I have made many electronic marvels in the past and because I earn money from fixing consoles on a regular basis, this project seems perfect for me. I have intentions of making other portables too like a PS2p console. One of my previous creations is an arcade controller that I made two years ago. Because of my school I have access to a 3D printer, a laser cutter and even a vacuum former.
In this project, the main thing I want to change with the vanilla design of a Pi Portable is that I want it to be customizable. My idea is that you can laser cut acrylic into a basic shape that slots into the front of the console. You could easily create indentations and other shapes on the face plate. One other thing that is important to me is controls. Whichever controller I choose to use with this project will almost certainly be cut up for franken casing. (Hopefully) This will ensure that the console has a great feel. Because I am at school currently I have lots of time (up to 6 hours per day) I wouldn't struggle at finishing it before the deadline.
I am planning on uploading my updates on a Hackaday.io site here: https://hackaday.io/project/58865-hack-like-heck-raspberry-pi-portable-by-josh-g
Thanks to Ben Heck and the team for hosting this as it will hopefully give my the opportunity to show myself and the project I plan on making. Also thanks Ben for hosting the show all these years and for making innovative and cool projects that really inspired me.
• I intend to make a video that shows me creating a working project.
• I will post the video on the element14 Community by the submission deadline
• If my video is one of the top 10 finalists I will receive $500 for my video
· I intend to make a video that shows me creating a working project.
· I will post the video on the element14 Community by the submission deadline
· If my video is one of the top 10 finalists I will receive $500 for my video