...Three Projects have been submitted for this month's Project14: Acoustics
..hope you would like it!
Remembering the 80s...
Synthesizers were initially viewed as ‘avant-garde’;
valued by the 1960s psychedelic and counter-cultural scenes. Switched-On Bach (1968), a bestselling album of Bach compositions arranged for synthesizer by Wendy Carlos, took synthesizers to the mainstream. They were adopted by Sampling, introduced with the Fairlight synthesizer in 1979, which has influenced all genres of music and had a major influence on the development of electronic and modern hip hop music. Today, the synthesizer is used in every genre of music, and is considered one of the most important instruments in the music industry. According to Fact in 2016, "The synthesizer is as important, and as ubiquitous, in modern music today as the human voice."
Can’t get enough 80s synth music?
This project is certainly for you Element14 lovers! The Arduino-Touch aka Capacitive Synthesizer will be rocking you out to infectiously simple computerized tones with just the touch of bare-copper.
- Printed Circuit Board (Single-sided Copper Clad: 180mmx180mm)
- ATMEGA328P IC (DIP) along with 28-pin socket (though you can easily scrape it out from UNO Board)
- 1x Ceramic resonator: 16MHz
- 1xResistor: 10K
- 1x Capacitor: 0.1uF
- 2x CR2032 Coin cells and Cell holders (SMT)
- LED (color of your choice, but an SMD one; optional)
- 1x 2 Pole Slide Switch
- 1x Mono 3.5 mm Audio Jack
- Female header: 6-pin (need only 5 of them for programming MCU)
- A desktop milling machine (though you can do it in Jedi-Method:'Etching')
Milling in action...
- Reset: Header Pin-1
- Digital Pin 0: Header Pin-2
- Digital Pin 1: Header Pin-3
- Vcc(5V): Header Pin-4
..Leave the Pin-5..
- GND: Header Pin-6
!!!you can also manipulate the code for performing tones of your taste!!!
Links: Check the following to get board-file(Eagle.brd), gerber-file(Manufactring.grb), NC file(CNC Milling.nc) and Arduino Code(.ino & pitches.h).
Unable to record the final build video(Sorry..limited time restraint); will post it sooner. Unless..