Beginning the last week of October, and throughout the month of November we will be celebrating the 3rd annual Makevember with the first ever Makevember on Project14. You can read about Makevember 2019 in the following post:
Here is the Makevember Manifesto from last year (we'll update this page when the Manifesto is written for this year):
The idea of Makevember is to do projects, not for a reward or a prize, but for the sake of doing projects. Most of all its about having fun. We'll be featuring some of our favorite projects (not just winners) throughout the Month of November and encouraging you to revisit past themes from Project14 and just start making projects. If your past project is featured in the weekly roundup or you submit a project you will win a special maker badge:
Here's how you can participate in Makevember on the element14 community:
- Be Creative, Be Original - There's no shortage of things you can do on the community. Every day in November you can spend (5 minutes?) working on a project for the Animatronics competition, the Vision Thing competition, or the upcoming RF (Radio Frequency) competition on November 14th. Or, this can be an opportunity to dust an old project that you were working on off of your shelf. Feel free to do whatever, but be original! Post a project in any past or current theme for a chance to win free swag:
- Doesn’t Have to Take All Day - If you only spend 5 minutes that should be good enough.
- Use Whatever is Around - See if you have extra stuff lying around that you can re-purpose for an existing project. (there will be gifts from mañana arriving throughout the month for featured projects)
- Work Wherever, Whenever, Even in Unusual Places - You don't have to work in your usual space. You could take your project with you when you are visiting relatives or a friend and turn it into a team project. Or, you could save yourself from burden during your commute on the train. Or you could surround yourself with nature when you work on your project. Just have fun.
- Share It Online with a Photo or a Video - Share your project on instagram, facebook, youtube, twitter, or wherever with hashtag: #makevember, #project14, #e14community, (insert hashtag of your choice). Or, share a project you really liked or learned from on social media by tagging it #makevember, #project14, #e14community, etc.
- Be Good to Yourself - Don't worry about what people think. Themes are loosely structured and this a very friendly community. If your project fails or doesn't fit the theme exactly then post it anyway!
- Done is Good Enough - We've had a number of themes this year that have stretched what's possible in a two month project competition, with Vision Thing being the latest challenge. Don't worry if it's not finished or you miss the deadline. Post it in the space anyway!
Beginning the week leading into and throughout Makevember, we'll be featuring 25 54 of the Greatest Hits (5 10 a week) of Project14 :
- Greatest Hits (Projects 27-21)(Projects 021-027): Project14 | Makevember 2019: Weekly Winners: 54 Greatest Hits (Projects 27-21) plus (Projects 021-027)!
- Greatest Hits (Projects 20-16)(Projects 016-020): Project14 | Makevember 2019: Weekly Winners: 54 Greatest Hits (Projects 20-16) plus (Projects 016-020)!
- Greatest Hits (Projects 15-11)(Projects 011-015): Project14 | Makevember 2019: Weekly Winners: 54 Greatest Hits (Projects 15-11) plus (Projects 011-015)!
- Greatest Hits (Projects 10-6)(Projects 06-10): Project14 | Makevember 2019: Weekly Winners: 54 Greatest Hits (Projects 10-6) plus (Projects 06-010)!
- Greatest Hits (Projects 5-1)(Projects 01-05): Project14 | Makevember 2019: Weekly Winners: 54 Greatest Hits (Projects 5-1) plus (Projects 01-05)!
Share your Makevember project on the community and share on social media:
- Makevember Project - Sipeed Maix Dock Camera by ralphjy
- Makevember Project - M5 ESP32Cam by ralphjy
- Makevember : Wire Frame Christmas Trees by dubbie
- A Black Line Following Mobile Robot : For Makevember by dubbie
- Makevember Project - How Much More Can a 140 Foot Vessel Grow? by sjmill01
- Smart Security Camera (with Attendance on Google Sheets) by aabhas
- Self Driving Car (Automatic Lane Detection) (on a Robot) by vimarsh_
- Makevember: An Animatronic Mechanism by fmilburn
- Makevember Solar Powered Raspberry Pi Project! by ralphjy
- Blue Robot Man Electricfied : Part 1 by dubbie
- MakeVember - Mazes, BuzBots, and Joint Models by dougw
- NFC Data Exfiltrator: QRSS on the NXP EXPLORE-NFC feat. Raspberry Pi by lui_gough
- Jingle Wi-FPy: Encoding a Tune with UDP Packets by lui_gough
- Molex Antenna Mod on the IDT SDAWIR Evaluation Kit by lui_gough
- Makevember: Project Revive Bot #2 - X-Y Plotter by skywalker1211
- Field Strength Meter by kmikemoo
- MakeVember - Automatic Headphone / Speaker Switch by dougw
- Makevember++ : A Christmas LED Decoration by dubbie
Each Member who posted a Greatest Hits project will be sent swag and receive a Maker badge:
- Week 1 Winners: nobble, jomoenginer, urkraft, snidhi, balearicdynamics, ruchir1674, Fred27, dwinhold, ninjatrent, the-dubster
- Week 2 Winners: genebren, mcb1, rsc, kk99, dixonselvan, makethingstoday, ipfreely, phoenixcomm, fyaocn, vlasov01
- Week 3 Winners: gam3t3ch, dougw, carmelito, sjmill01 & connormiller, fvan, mbozdal, three-phase, beagles, danielw, tonydbeck
- Week 4 Winners: Workshopshed, jancumps, shabaz, ntewinkel, mahmood.hassan, abg123, sunnyiut, costantinorizzuti, idanre1, ipv1
- Week 5 Winners: dubbie,fmilburn, ralphjy, milosrasic98, luislabmo, koudelad, aspork42, BigG, avnrdf, neuromodulator,14rhb, armour999, jc2048, jw0752
Here is some of the swag (random acts of kindness) we've sent out so far (we'll continue sending out swag to those that did not get any as part of the Holiday Special 19 festivities):
- Makevember Care Package
- Swag Pack November 2019
- The care package came with an invitation to join the RF competition - so I did with my NFC Data...
- NFC Data Exfiltrator: QRSS on the NXP EXPLORE-NFC feat. Raspberry Pi
- Thanks for the surprise care package element14 ... now I owe you something in return. Stay tuned...
- Thanks for the Nano
- Just in time for the end of November, another RF Project14 post - this time using one of the Molex...
- I combine some more radio abuse with holiday cheer in my recent project Jingle Wi-FPy: Encoding a...
- Thank you very much Element14.
- makevember project for project14 should be finished up soon just some video editing to do then post...