Month of Robots

Enter Your Project for a chance to win robot prizes for your robot builds and a $200 shopping cart!  The Birthday Special: Robot Prizes for Robot Projects!

Back to The Project14 homepage

Project14 Home
Monthly Themes
Monthly Theme Poll

 

After spending the equivalent of several days scratching my head, looking at datasheets, unsoldering parts, replacing parts, re-soldering parts and just generally despairing, I have finally worked out what was wrong and the dual motor driver for my SuperRobot is now functional. I had been moving from a plug in wired protoboard solution to a soldered Veroboard construction, to achieve a greater reliability, testing the system as I moved each set of wires. I had transferred the wires for driving one DC motor which then would not work. I eventually worked out after great angst, that I had connected the signals for driving channel 1 but had connected the test motor to channel 2. Obviously that doesn't work. So not an actual fault, but it still didn't work.

 

 

I have now fixed this fault, which wasn't actually a fault at all, just me being a bit dim, and I am able to control the SuperRobot motors. My next step is to connect both the DC motors securely with soldered wires and check it still works. I hope it does as I am running out of enthusiasm for soldering things together as well as time to make some more progress. I might have to amend my original idea for SuperRobot to something achievable in the remaining time.

 

Dubbie