- An Interesting DIY Idea ..
What if Your Ruler Scale converted in to Protractor .....
This Project is all about convert an ordinary ruler in to Smart Ruler having a extra feature of measurement of Angle.
Step 1 :- What you need
other handy tools -
Step 2: How It Works..
Heart of this module here is ARDUINO PRO MINI , It is use here to handle all external Peripherals like ButtonPanel, OLED display and Gyroscope(MPU6050).
- To Power up this module here we use 3.7v Lippo Battery which is capable to deliver upto 180mAH,to charge battery here TP4056 module used via 3pin Toggle Switch.
- Here Gyroscope send raw data to Pro mini, by mathamatical calculation Arduino Pro mini find YAW ANGLE from it based on movement of scale(ruler) on which this module is sticked.
- OLED display here use to display current angle with respected to taken refrence using button_2.
- OLED and Gyrscope(MPU6050) use I2C Protocol to interface with Arduino Pro MINI.
Lets understand Button function:
Button_1 : Press to enter into Angle mode to measure angle.
Button_2 : for taking Reference form which you have to measure angle.
Button_3: for calibration of Module (In case of Temperature and humidty variation).
for better understanding see video of Working of Digital_Protector .
Toggle Switch :
Toggle Switch has two mode ON and OFF mode.
ON mode: To turn on module and measure angle.
OFF mode : 1) To turn off module
2) To charge module
[ NOTE: Don`t use ON mode for Charging It may Damage Your Hardware. ]
Step 3: Circuit Building
- Make all connection as per shown in circuit daigram with compactness because we are fitting all circuit in plastic Box in order to make module very compact.
- One thing is you need to take care about Yourself how to fit all electroincs stuff in plastic box because here I didn`t mention anyware how to fit all stuff in box.
- [ Note : So, make connection as small as possible in to order to fit in the Plastic Box.]
Step 4: Firmware Uploding ...
> Connect arduino NANO to host computer
> open Sketchbook of firmware in Arduino IDE
>Select COM port.
> Upload Code and Play with Digital Protector.
[Note : Keep all files in one folder as a scketchbook in order to sucessfully code uploading.]
Future Scope :-
As Arduino is Open source[thanks !] so developed a board where all connection is on board you have to just solder it and play ! yayy...
Thanks for Reading !...
DIGITAL_PROTECTOR.rar 4.3 KB