I've added the LM339 IR Sensor Array to the bot and placed the sensors at the end of some pieces of bicycle ties that I got at a local store. These are basically robber coated wire and are bendable so I was able to direct the sensors where I wanted them. This also gives the bot a bit of a spider look.
This is what the sensor array looks like mounted on the bot.
And the wiring of the Sensor array, power regulators and motor driver to the TM4C123GXL.
So, here is the bot in action demonstrating the Table Top Challenge for detecting the edge of a table. I used a white foam board with painted edges to mimic the table.
Since I was the only one that showed up to the challenge with a bot, I suppose I won the first round. I plan to keep adding to this and see where I can take it.