The Grand Prize for Holiday Special 19
3 First Place Winners for Holiday Special 19
|Gift to Keep: Tektronix Oscilloscope and Application Bundle!||Gift to Give: Tool Kit Bundle + $100 Shopping Cart!||Gift to Keep: A Tool Kit Bundle + $100 Shopping Cart!||Gift to Give: A $100 Shopping Cart!|
Enter Your Project for a Chance to Win: Holiday Special 19 or tag your blog post HolidaySpecial19CH
We're doing a round up of 30 projects from previous Holiday Special project competition. The third annual Holiday Special 19 is an open-ended holiday project competition that challenges you to make a project that reflects what the holiday's mean to you. We're asking the community members to spread mirth and merry to the world through projects that use music, LED Displays, Nixie Pixels, Strobe Lights, Fog Machines, or anything else that puts you in a celebratory mood. Your project can also be a "From Me to You" project, a thoughtful projects that's made with others in mind. It can inspired by gifts, food, or cards exchanged during the holidays. Or you could focus on electronic ways of sending the warmest wishes to friends and family - could be an electronic greetings card, a way to automatically email or use RF transmission to link up via video etc. It can also be a fun project that's made in the holiday spirit such as a snow globe that will warn you of inclement weather conditions, voice-activated ornaments, jazzed up holiday cards, LED decorations - anything that means the holidays to you. Your project can be related to Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, or Festivus for the rest of us related! It can even be a Star Wars project, if you only believe in the Force.
The only thing that we ask is that your holiday project shows heart! The project that shows the most heart wins a Tektronix Oscilloscope and Application bundle (~value of $18,500) plus a tool kit (~value of $325) to gift to another member for their project. Three first place winners will receive a will receive a tool kit bundle (~value of $225) along with a $100 shopping cart as well as a $100 shopping cart to give to another member for their projects. All Gift to Gives can be given to any member that submitted a project in either Holiday Special 19 or the RF (Radio Frequency) which will be happening at the same time. Throughout the month we'll have holiday round ups of previous projects submitted during previous Holiday Special competitions! You can use those as inspiration for submitting a Holiday project that is unique to you. Also, check out our Engineer and Maker's Wish List 2019 in the Members area and share your product Wishlist and find links to element14 presents product giveaways to collect more tools to help deck out your bench!
Your project will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Follow the Steps - Did you show the steps it took you to complete the project (text, video, or images) and did you include documentation such as schematics?
- Submit Video Proof - Did you post video proof of you project?
- Stick to the Theme - How well did your project stick to the theme (any holiday project) of the competition?
- Demonstrate Originality - Was your project your original? Did you come up with a clever name for their project?
Also, visit RF (Radio Frequency) where you can Win a Spectrum Analyzer for the Most Innovative RF Project! As well as more cool products and shopping carts you can fill with more goodies:
The Grand Prize for RF (Radio Frequency)
3 First Place Winners for RF (Radio Frequency)
|One Grand Prize Winner Wins Spectrum Analyzer plus a $200 Shopping Cart!|
Enter Your Project for a Chance to Win: RF (Radio Frequency) or tag your blog post RFradiofrequencyCH
Here is the third batch (Projects 13-18) of the Ghost of Past Holiday Past on Project14:
- Project 13: 2D xmas tree pcb art (components INSIDE the pcb) by designer2k2
- Project 14: Holiday Lights and Music Festival With Love and Cheer by ipv1
- Project 15: Albero di(Gi) Natale by costantinorizzuti
- Project 16: Probably the best possible Christmas lights by czmusg3jh56fh0jw&maa
- Project 17: Automatic christmas bell ringers. by danielw
- Project 18: Christmas Magic aka Advent Calendar on stereoids by archiela
Get Inspired by Past Holiday Special Projects:
- Project14 | Holiday Special 19: The Ghost of Holiday Special Past: Projects 1-6!
- Project14 | Holiday Special 19: The Ghost of Holiday Special Past: Projects 7-12!
- Project14 | Holiday Special 19: The Ghost of Holiday Special Past: Projects 13-18!
- Project14 | Holiday Special 19: The Ghost of Holiday Special Past: Projects 19-24!
Project 13: 2D xmas tree pcb art (components INSIDE the pcb) by designer2k2
|2D xmas tree pcb art (components INSIDE the PCB)|
Project 14: Holiday Lights and Music Festival With Love and Cheer by ipv1
|Holiday Lights and Music Festival With Love and Cheer|
- Hydroponics and outdoor garden control and monitor using Intel Edison in Remote Monitoring & Control
- NFC and The Raspberry Pi in NFC/RFID
- BBC MicroBit Robot Bonanza in Month of Robots
- Project14's DIY Test Equipment: DIY Constant Current Load in DIY Test Equipment
Project 15: Albero di(Gi) Natale by costantinorizzuti
|Albero di(Gi) Natale|
Project 16: Probably the best possible Christmas lights by czmusg3jh56fh0jw&maa
|Probably the best possible Christmas lights|
Project 17: Automatic christmas bell ringers. by danielw:
|Automatic christmas bell ringers.|
Project 18: Christmas Magic aka Advent Calendar on stereoids by archiela
|Christmas Magic aka Advent Calendar on stereoids|