Get snapping for your chance to win a Raspberry Pi Camera Bundle Kit!
With the launch of both the Pi Camera V2 and the PiNoir Camera, we’ve decided to give away 5 Raspberry Pi Camera bundles, and here’s how you can win;
Step 1: Take a picture of a location, building or similar that looks visually stunning (during or after sunset)
Step 2: Post that picture on one of our social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus) using #GetConnected
Step 3: Sit back and relax knowing you’re in with a chance of winning!
We’ll pick the five best images to win...but that’s not all!
The 5 winners will also feature in an online poll on the element14 Community where our members will vote for the supreme winner who will then receive another Prize which includes the 7" Touchscreen, Cirrus Logic Audio Card and both the new 8mp Camera and the 8mp Pi NoIR Camera!
T&Cs apply- full terms and conditions here.
1. This Competition is run by Premier Farnell plc (Premier Farnell or we (including our or us) on the following terms and conditions. Anyone who enters this prize draw is referred to in these terms and conditions as entrant or you.
2. In entering this competition you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions applicable to this prize draw at any time (the T&Cs). Please note that this includes agreeing to your name and town and country of residence being disclosed as a winner if requested by any other entrant in accordance with 6 below.
3. Premier Farnell reserves the right to change these T&Cs at any time; amended T&Cs referring to this giveaway will be updated in situ at the URL where you found them.
4. This competition will run during the period from 9:00 GMT on 25 April 2016 until 15:00 GMT 9th May 2016 unless decided otherwise and updated as referenced in point 3.
5. This prize draw is not open to:
6. To enter the competition, entrants must post a photograph of a landscape, building or other location along with the hashtag: #GetConnected in the messaging - to one or all of available social media channel(s) such as: Twitter, Google+, or Facebook. Only one entry, that is, one post from any social media channel, will be accepted per person, regardless of the number of entries posted.
7. Any post which includes material which we consider to be offensive, abusive, derogatory, inflammatory or likely to cause offence will be excluded from this prize draw. Premier Farnell, element14, element14 Community and Social Media staff’s decision on this will be final and no correspondence on this issue will be entered into.
8. No purchase is necessary to enter this competition.
9. Premier Farnell will choose 5 entrants to be shortlisted, with their images being placed on the element14 Community where members will vote for the outright winner.
10. The 5 shortlisted entrants will all win the new Pi Camera V2 and the overall winner will also win the Pi NoIR V2, 7" Touchscreen, Cirrius Logic Audio
11. The Prize is non-negotiable and non-refundable and no cash alternative will be offered. We reserve the right to replace the Prize with other goods of similar, lesser or greater value as we see fit in its sole discretion. There is no right to any refund or replacement or maintenance in respect of any Prize returned.
12. Winners must supply a valid postal address and contact name in order to receive a Prize. The Prize will be sent by a delivery method chosen as fit by the organizer and is not restricted to any singular method. Premier Farnell is not liable if the Prize is lost or damaged in transit. Premier Farnell reserves the right to refuse to supply a Prize in the event that doing so would be in breach of any import or export regulations to which Premier Farnell is subject or if any licences or permissions are required to supply or ship a Prize and in such event the relevant Winner will be disqualified and no replacement prize will be provided.
12. No responsibility will be accepted for entries which fail to be received for any reason, including technical error. Premier Farnell is not responsible for hardware or software failures of any kind for any attempted entries; lost or unavailable network connections; failed, incomplete or garbled computer or telephone transmissions; typographical or systems errors; problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers or computer equipment; or technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any combination thereof. Premier Farnell is not responsible for any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from this prize draw or other telecommunications malfunctions, which may limit an entrant's ability to participate.
13. Premier Farnell reserves the right to verify the eligibility of any winner before a Prize is sent or offered and may require proof of identification and age. If Premier Farnell suspects fraud or misconduct, (including without limitation any attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the prize draw by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or our representatives) or a winner or potential winner does not meet the eligibility requirements, his or her Prize may be withheld or withdrawn and another potential winner selected. The eligibility requirements include the requirements of 15 below.
14. To the extent that we may lawfully do so, we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the prize draw or extend the period of participation in our sole discretion, including (without limitation, in circumstances where such withdrawal or amendment results from events beyond our control or is undertaken to comply with any law or regulation binding on us in any country. Premier Farnell will not be liable for any such withdrawal or change to the prize draw. If, for any reason, this prize draw is not capable of running as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond our control, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the prize draw, we reserve the right at our sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the prize draw.
15. Entrants and winners are responsible for all applicable taxes, duties or other charges payable in relation to this prize draw or any Prize.
16. You may not enter the prize draw if, by doing so, you may cause Premier Farnell and/or you to be in breach of any agreement (including but not limited to any contract of employment) to which you are a party or in breach of any duty, law, regulation or rule having the force of law to which you or Premier Farnell may be subject. Premier Farnell reserves the right to disqualify any entry made in breach of this condition.
17. Premier Farnell respects the policies of employers which forbid entry to and/or the acceptance of prizes by their employees. If requested to do so by Premier Farnell, a winner must obtain signed authorisation from duly authorised senior employee of his or her employer confirming the winner’s permission to accept the Prize.
18. The Prize is not supplied with the benefit of any warranties from Premier Farnell and is only supplied with the benefit of any warranty which may be provided by the manufacturer of the relevant item. All further warranties or representations are hereby expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted at law. Without limiting the generality of this exclusion, Premier Farnell hereby excludes all and any liability arising out of the prize draw or the acceptance, use, quality condition, suitability or performance of the Prize, even where arising from Premier Farnell’s negligence.
19. Premier Farnell does not exclude liability for death, personal injury arising or damage to property from its negligence, or for breach of Part II of the Consumer Protection Act 1987, for fraud or for any matter in relation to which it would be illegal for Premier Farnell to exclude or attempt to exclude our liability.
20. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales and you irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this prize draw.
21. Please address any queries relating to this prize draw email@example.com
After a forced pause the Essential Raspberry Pi Peripherals articles series finally restarts with a new proposal. The Pi-Scope lab tool is the first of a series of tools to empower the electronic lab based on the , and
There is already an interesting Ben Heck episode, Episode 223: Ben Heck’s Raspberry Pi Bitscope Mod Episode modding these three devices creating an oscilloscope. It is my opinion that this proposed version has some limitations, so I have searched how to develop a device architecture based on the Raspberry Pi integrating different features to support in the best way the daily lab activity.
First of all I aimed to make a robust support for the components keeping in the same time all the expansions ports open to any possible integration and development. It is not the first time that I try to box in a elegant way the Raspberry PI together with other parts like in this case, but this always means limiting some features of the device. The container has been based on the model presented on Instructables Raspberry PI Touch Screen Frame and Case Assembly Guide with some changes and adaptions.
The images below shows the assembled model of the components (the stl files are available in attach to this article).
The front view of the model
The back view of the model
The section view of the parts
The following short video shows the Pi-Scope usage while testing the state of a stepper motor PWM signals
As the Bitscope mini software is a suite of several applications it is needed a startup interface, specifically designed for the Raspberry touch screen as the main launcher when the system starts. The same interface will host software to control other tools connected to the device.