Launched in June 2009, element14 offers the first online community specifically for engineers – from electronic design all the way through maintenance and repair – as well as electronics enthusiasts.
The community is a place where you can:
- Connect with other engineers and experts on new ideas, challenges and questions
- Find impartial, independent knowledge on technical issues
- Access information, answers and tools gathered from a range of sources
- And, find inspiration from the latest innovations
With Web 2.0 functionality to facilitate communication, interaction, collaboration and information sharing between members around the world, the community is your go-to resource for staying up-to-date on the latest topics and innovations in engineering.
In addition to dozens of sub-groups on hot engineering topics, our exclusive features include:
- The Knode – An intelligent search and knowledge tool that helps you select and buy the right product for your design, right from the start
- RoadTest – Give it a spin. Here you can test and review the latest products...and they’re free.
- Legislation – The rules keep changing. Stay in the know with our industry-leading, first-to-market resource for electronics legislation information.
- Ask the Expert – Looking for some outside expertise? The experts are standing by ready to take on your toughest questions.
- The Ben Heck Show – Only from element14, join Ben and his friends for bi-weekly “webisodes” as they build and mod a host of amazing community-inspired electronics creations.
- News – Engineering news, knowledge and insight from across the industry, all in one place.
Since its launch the community has garnered overwhelmingly positive feedback from customers and suppliers alike. The site now attracts more than 50,000 global visitors a week with new user profiles created each day.
The element14 community is an innovative offering from Premier Farnell plc
Premier Farnell plc (LSE:pfl), a FTSE 250 leader in multi-channel distribution and specialty services for electronic design engineers throughout Europe, the Americas and Asia Pacific. It has a stocked range of 450,000+ products, and access to 4,000,000 more items from 3,500 top manufacturers. The company has group sales of £990.8m and over 4,100 employees globally.
Maker Faire Bay Area’s - Editor’s choice award 2011 Winner
Follow element14 on:
- Facebook: search element14
- Twitter: @element14
Formed in 1996, Premier Farnell plc is a leading multi-channel, high service distributor supporting millions of engineers and purchasing professionals globally. Premier Farnell markets and distributes a comprehensive range of products and services throughout Europe, North America and Asia Pacific with operations in 32 countries and trading in over 100, with approximately 4,100 employees worldwide.
Serving a global customer base of more than 2 million customer contacts worldwide, the Group stocks in excess of 400,000 electronic products, has access to 4 million more and represents 3,500 manufacturer brands.
The Group's multi-channel approach includes fully transactional websites, contact centres, field sales force, trade counters, branch network, catalogues and direct mail.
Headquartered in London and listed on the London Stock Exchange, the Group recorded an underlying operating profit for the financial year ended 31st January 2010 of £72.7 million on sales of £795.3 million.
Companies within the Premier Farnell Group include:
- Farnell – European Electronic Distribution Division
- Newark – North America Electronic Distribution Division
- element14 – Asia Pacific Electronic Distribution Division
If you need help with a problem or have some feedback. Please visit our Feedback & Support Section and click on the Get Help Now Button to let us know what we can do to help make your experience better.