TE Connectivity (TE) offers a thru-hole version of its popular SMT poke-in connector for the LED lighting market. The new thru-hole version joins the existing surface-mount connector to provide a low-profile solution suited for use in PCB-based LED strings, lighting controls, and other non-lighting applications that can benefit from an easy poke-in wire termination to the PCB. The connectors are now available in one or two positions, with single-position connectors offered in white or black for easy polarity identification. Gel-filled versions are available for indoor or outdoor application where moisture is an issue. The standard- and low-insertion-force versions of the connectors are side-to-side stackable on 4-mm centers.
The TE poke-in connector offers quick and reliable wire termination as a low-labor alternative to hand soldering wires particularly when used with single-sided aluminum clad circuit boards. The poke-in LED connectors are available in tape and reel packages for high-speed SMT and thru-hole processing equipment and the high-temperature plastic housing is reflow solder process compatible.
The RoHS compliant connector incorporates tin over nickel plated copper alloy contacts with a UL94-V0 rated high temperature thermoplastic housing. Packaged in reels of 800, the tape and reel packaging conforms to ANSI/EIA Standard 481-C.
- Connectors are available in 1 and 2 positions
- Standard and Low Insertion Force connectors available
- Accepts 18, 20 and 22 AWG solid wire; 18 and 20 AWG pre-bond stranded wire; 18 AWG stranded wire
- Gel-filled versions are available for indoor moisture and outdoor application
- Connectors are available in both black and white colors for polarity
- LED Lighting Controls
- General illumination LED fixtures
- Interconnecting strings of printed circuit LED light modules
- Various non-lighting applications that require attaching flying leads to printed circuit boards