Atmel and element14 together introduce The AT91SAM9G45-EVK evaluation kit, developed by Embest in partnership with Atmel, is a full-featured evaluation board based on Atmel's processor the AT91SAM9G45 which runs at up to 400MHz, with 128 Mbytes DDR2 memory and 256 Mbytes SLC NAND Flash. The board provides a wide range of peripherals, including a high-speed USB host/device port, an Ethernet 10/100 interface, two high-speed SD/MMC slots and a QVGA 320x240 LCD panel with Resistive touch screen.
In addition, the board supports Linux, WinCE and offers plenty of example applications for all three, makes it easy for engineers to develop their project based on this AT91SAM9G45 processor.
The ARM926EJ-S based AT91SAM9G45 features the frequently demanded combination of user interface functionality and high data rate connectivity, including LCD Controller, resistive touch-screen, camera interface, audio, Ethernet 10/100 and high speed USB and SDIO. With the processor running at 400MHz and multiple 100 Mbps data rate peripherals, the AT91SAM9G45-EVK has the performance and bandwidth to the network or local storage media to provide an adequate user experience.
The AT91SAM9G45-EVK supports the latest generation of DDR2 and NAND Flash memory interfaces for program and data storage. An internal 133 MHz multi-layer bus architecture associated with 37 DMA channels, a dual external bus interface and distributed memory including a 64Kbyte SRAM which can be configured as a tightly coupled memory (TCM) sustains the high bandwidth required by the processor and the high speed peripherals. The I/Os support 1.8V or 3.3V operation, and are independently configurable for the memory interface and peripheral I/Os. This feature completely eliminates the need for any external level shifters.
In addition it supports 0.8 ball pitch package for low cost PCB manufacturing. The AT91SAM9G45 power management controller features efficient clock gating and a battery backup section minimizing power consumption in active and standby modes.
There are plenty of software examples provided for you to test and debug this AT91SAM9G45-EVK board, all in source code. These software examples (as follows) can be debugged under the popular Keil MDK (Microcontroller Development Kit) environments and help with your design and development.
- WinCE 6.0 OS Mapping, and the FirstBoot and Eboot set up from NAND Flash
- Linux 2.6.30 source code and mapping, and the UBoot set up from NAND Flash
- Audio output test program
- NandFlash read/write test program
- NorFlash read/write test program
- DDR2 SDRAM read/write test program
- DataFlash read/write test program
- EEPROM read/write test program
- RTT Realtime timer test program
- RTC Realtime timer test program
- TWI Test program
- DMA transfer test program
- DBGU Serial interface communication test program
- Ethernet test program
- USB test program
- Micro SD Card Read/Write test program
- SD/MMC Card Read/Write test program
Key Applications: Industrial and building control, HVAC, POS terminals, Alarm systems, Printers, Medical Appliances.
- Support Linux2.6 and WinCE6.0 OS, with free relevant board support packages (BSPs)
- CPU: Atmel AT91SAM9G45 (ARM926EJ-S Core), 400MHz
- On-chip memory: 64KB ROM & 64KB SRAM
- External memory: 256MBNandFlash, 2MB NorFlash, 4MB DataFlash & two 64MB DDR2 SDRAM
- Four UART interfaces
- One high-speed USB Host Port
- One high-speed Host Device Port
- One JTAG Debug Interface
- One 10/100 Ethernet interface
- One SD/MMC card interface
- One Micro SD card interface
- One IIS Audio output port
- One IIS Audio input port
- Two User buttons
- One Wake-up button
- One Reset button
- One User LED
- One Power LED
- 60 I/O Pins User Extension Interface
- Power: 5VDC from connector, with back-up battery on board
- Working temperature: -10 to 70 Deg C
- Dimension: 120 x 90 mm
- AT91SAM9G45-EVK Board - Target board; CPU: AT91SAM9G45
- IDC10 Cable - 10-10pins, 10cm, gap:2.00mm
- Mini USB Cable - To supply power to the board or for downloading programs and debug
- 10/100 Ethernet Cable - Connect to the network
- DB9-IDC10 Cable - DB9(F) to IDC(10 pins) cable
- 20Pins-10Pins JTAG Converter - Connect with 20pins or 10pins JTAG Debug Cables
- TFT LCD Panel - 4.3 inch QVGA 480x272 LCD panel with resistive touch screen
- Power Adapter - 12V, 1.25A, supply power to the board