- Functions as a USB mouse, joystick or mass storage device all using the on-board capacitive touch sense pads.
- Includes a MicroSD memory card, potentiometer, acceleration sensor, and OLED display.
- On-board debugger & programming.
- Completely USB-powered.
- Demonstrates PIC18 Family:
- PIC18F46J50 8-bit MCU
- 64KB Flash & 4KB RAM
- nanoWatt XLP™ for extreme low power
- mTouch capacitive touch sensing
- USB communication
- Microchip’s FREE USB bootloader and software framework.
The MPLAB Starter Kit for PIC18F MCU DM180021 from Microchip contains everything needed to experience the high performance and versatility of the PIC18F microcontroller family. It includes an on-board debugger/programming capability as well as USB communication, a capacitive touch pad, potentiometer, acceleration sensor, MicroSD memory card, and an OLED display.The board can function as a USB mouse, joystick or mass-storage device (thumb drive) all using the on-board capacitive touch sense pads.
This board features the PIC18F46J50 MCU with 64KB Flash, 4KB RAM, XLP low power, mTouch touch sensing and USB. The MCU is running Microchip’s FREE USB boot loader and software framework. The starter kit source code and other resources are included in the MCHPFSUSB.
The MPLAB Starter Kit for PIC18F may be used with MPLAB® IDE, the free integrated development environment available on Microchip’s web site. MPLAB IDE allows the starter kit to be used as an in-circuit debugger, as well as a programmer, for the featured device. In-circuit debugging allows you to run, examine and modify your program for the device embedded in the starter kit hardware. This greatly assists you in debugging your firmware and hardware together.
Key Applications: Industrial (metering, electronic door locks, cargo tracking, lighting, alarm systems), Appliance ( smart energy, dishwashers, refrigerators, HVAC controls), Medical (diagnostic devices, portable medical meters), Automotive (lighting, dashboard instrument clusters, keyless entry, interior controls, garage-door openers)
- PIC18F development board
- USB cable from the PC to the demo board.
- OLED display and touch pads.
- Demo software included with the kit enables it to:
- Read from the memory card (MSD)
- Function as a USB Mouse or Joystick (HID)
- Function as a simple COM port (CDC)
- A CD is included with the MPLAB IDE, Free C Compiler, Demo code, and User’s Guide.