The TWR-K53N512 Module board is part of the NXP Tower System TWR-K53N512-KIT. The TWR-K53N512 Module supports K53 family of NXP Kinetis microcontrollers, a modular, reusable development platform that allows designers to get to market faster with packaged evaluation boards, tools and runtime software. The TWR-K53N512 microcontroller module can operate as a standalone debug tool and can be purchased separately from the kit. The module provides an interface to the medical expansion connector and TWRPI-SLCD modules.
Kinetis MCUs are built from NXP’s innovative 90nm Thin Film Storage (TFS) flash technology with unique FlexMemory. Kinetis MCU families combine the latest lowpower innovations and high performance, high precision mixed-signal capability with a broad range of connectivity, human-machine interface, and safety and security peripherals. All Kinetis families include a powerful array of analog, communication and timing and control peripherals with the level of feature integration increasing with flash memory size and the number of inputs/outputs.
The K50 MCU family is pin-, peripheral- and software-compatible with other Kinetis microcontrollers and provides designers with an Analog Measurement Engine consisting of integrated operational and transimpedance amplifiers and high-resolution ADC and DAC modules. The family also features IEEE 1588 Ethernet and hardware encryption, full-speed USB 2.0 On-The-Go with device charger detect capability and a flexible low-power segment LCD controller with support for up to 320 segments. Devices start from 128 KB of flash in 64 QFN packages extending up to 512 KB in a 144 MAPBGA package.
Key Applications: Low-power portable medical devices, Clinical and lab equipment Test/measurement equipment, Instrumentation applications, Monitor and telehealth application
- Features MK53N512CMD100 MAPBGA 144 pins MCU
- Tower compatible processor module
- S08JM60 based Open Source JTAG (JTAG) circuit
- User-controlled status LEDs
- Capacitive Touch Pad sensors and mechanical push buttons
- Medical expansion connector (connect AFE Plugin like TWR - MCF51MM)
- SD Card Slot Connect
- TWRPI-SLCD board (28 segment LCD) through TWRPI interface.
- Compatible with TWR-SER (Ethernet, USB connectivity)
- MMA7660 Accelerometer
- TWR-K53N512 - 32-bit MCU module with MK53N512CMD100 MCU (144 MAPBGA) and TWRPI-SLCD daughter card
- DVD with IDE software, training materials and collateral
- TWR-K53N512 Quick Start Guide document