The STM8L-DISCOVERY helps you to discover the STM8L ultralow power features and to develop and share your applications. It includes an ST-Link embedded debug tool interface, LCD (24 segments, 4 commons), LEDs and push buttons.
The STMicroelectronics STM8L-Discovery Board is based on the STM8L152C6T6 microcontroller (MCU) and is a quick-start evaluation board for STM8L ultra-low-power MCUs. The STM8L Discovery Board is the quickest way to discover the STM8L, to program and use the device, and to build and debug applications. This STMicroelectronics evaluation board includes the embedded debugger ST-LINK and an IDD consumption measurement feature that helps you to discover the ultra-low-power efficiency.
The STMicroelectronics STM8L-Discovery also features an LCD (24 segments, 4 commons), LEDs, and push buttons. Demonstration software is preloaded in the board's Flash memory, and numerous applications are available to learn, reuse, and modify code for a fast time to proof-of-concept or demonstration. The latest versions of this demonstration source code and associated documentation can be downloaded from STMicroelectronics website. The STM8L-Discovery is ideal for hobbyists, developers, students, and support teams.
The STM8S105xx access line 8-bit microcontrollers offer from 16 to 32 Kbytes Flash program memory, plus integrated true data EEPROM. The 8-bit STM8 core is designed for code efficiency and performance. They are referred to as medium-density devices in the STM8S microcontroller family reference manual.
Key Applications: Application control and user interfaces, Medical and handheld equipment, PC and gaming peripherals, GPS platforms, Industrial applications, PLCs, Inverters, printers, scanners, alarm systems, video, intercoms, and HVACs.
- STM8L152C6T6 microcontroller, 32 KB Flash, 2 KB RAM, 1 KB EEPROM in 48-pin LQFP
- On-board ST-Link with selection mode switch to use the kit as a stand-alone ST-Link (with SWIM connector for programming and debugging)
- Two red LEDs; LD1 for USB communication, LD2 for 3.3 V power on
- Designed to be powered by USB or an external supply of 5 V or 3.3 V
- Can supply target application with 5 V and 3 V
- Two user LEDs, LD3 and LD4 (green and blue)
- Two push buttons (User and Reset)
- IDD current measurement
- LCD 28-pin DIP (24 segments, 4 commons)
- Extension header for all QFP48 I/Os for quick connection to prototyping board for easy probing
- One STM8L-DISCOVERY Eval Board