This product is no longer available:
- Provide a tremendous value by providing SW and HW evaluators a low cost evaluation environment
- Provide ample development resource without over design which adds increasing cost
- Platforms provide easy scalability between ARM9 and Cortex-A8 processors
- Numerous options available to add functionality to boards as expansion is standard
- By utilizing the open source community, evaluators can collaborate with thousands of other developers on numerous topics
- Community based IRC Channels and Mailing lists allow users instant access to the community
- Hardware is fully open source and provides an excellent board layout/schematic reference
CraneBoard (CRANE) provides developers a low cost development solution for Sitara AM3517 Cortex-A8 processor. The design offers designers a 4-layer PCB reference to enable their own products. CraneBoard offers peripherals, like CAN and PoE, that are not found on other low cost boards. Industrial, automotive, medical, consumer and a host of other applications can leverage this new low cost alternative to jump start their design and software development.
AM3517/05 is a high-performance ARM Cortex-A8 microprocessor with speeds up to 600 MHz. The device offers 3D graphics acceleration while also supporting numerous peripherals, including DDR2, CAN, EMAC, and USB OTG PHY that are well suited for industrial applications. The device supports high-level operating systems (OSs) such as: Linux, Windows CE and Android.
The following subsystems are part of the device:
- Microprocessor unit (MPU) subsystem based on the ARMCortex-A8 microprocessor
- POWERVR SGX™ Graphics Accelerator (AM3517 Device only) Subsystem for 3D graphics acceleration to support display and gaming effects (AM3517 Device only)
- Display subsystem with several features for multiple concurrent image manipulation, and a programmable interface supporting a wide variety of displays.
Key Applications: Single Board Computers, Home and Industrial automation, Digital Signage.
Box contains a CraneBoard wrapped in an ESD Cover, followed by a bubble cover without any cables, documents and accessories.
|Data Sheet||datasheet for am3517/05 sitara arm microprocessor (rev. e) (.pdf)|
|Reference Manual||technical reference manual for am35x arm microprocessor (rev. c) (.pdf)|
|User Manual/Guide||hardware migration guide for am35x to am335x (.pdf)|
|Product Brief/Fact sheet||arm portfolio technical overview brochure (rev. a) (.pdf)|
|Revision Note||am3517/05 arm microprocessor silicon errata (rev. d) (.pdf)|