- 2.4-GHz IEEE 802.15.4 Compliant RF Transceiver
- Excellent Receiver Sensitivity and Robustness to Interference
- Programmable Output Power Up to 4.5 dBm
- Few External Components
- Only a Single Crystal Needed for Asynchronous Networks
- 6-mm × 6-mm QFN40 Package
- USB 2.0 Certified Full Speed Device (12 Mbps)
- 5 Highly Flexible Endpoints
- 1-KB Dedicated FIFO
- DMA Access to FIFO
- No 48-MHz Crystal Required
- Low Power
- Active Mode RX (CPU Idle): 24 mA
- Active Mode TX at 1 dBm (CPU Idle): 29 mA
- Power Mode 1 (4 µs Wake-Up): 0.2 mA
- Power Mode 2 (Sleep Timer Running): 1 µA
- Power Mode 3 (External Interrupts): 0.4 µA
- Works with RemoTI, TIMAC and ZStack for CC2530
- Supported by SmartRF® Studio, Packet Sniffer and Flash Programmer
The CC2531EMK kit provides one CC2531 USB Dongle and documentation to support a PC interface to 802.15.4 / ZigBee applications. The dongle can be plugged directly into your PC and can be used as an IEEE 802.15.4 packet sniffer or for other purposes. With the CC2531 USB Firmware Library available on the web you can develop your own software to utilize this part.
To program the debugger, an external programmer (e.g. the SmartRF05EB) is required. The USB dongle can be used as a reference module for prototyping of USB devices and for testing the RF performance of CC2531 with a small size PCB antenna.The CC2531F256RHAT. USB Dongle can be used as a development platform for USB and RF applications. An external development tool, like the CC Debugger, is required to program and debug software running on the CC2531F256RHAT.. The CC2531F256RHAT. Dongle comes preprogrammed with software that lets the dongle operate as a packet capture device for the SmartRF Packet Sniffer.
The CC2531 is Texas Instrument’s second generation ZigBee/IEEE 802.15.4 compliant System-on-Chip with an optimized 8051 MCU core and radio for the 2.4 GHz unlicensed ISM/SRD band along with built in full speed USB 2.0 compliant interface. This device enables industrial grade applications by offering state-of-the-art noise immunity, excellent link budget, operation up to 125 degrees and low voltage operation. In addition, the CC2531 provides extensive hardware support for packet handling, data buffering, burst transmissions, data encryption, data authentication, clear channel assessment, link quality indication and packet timing information.
The CC2531 Development Kit includes all the necessary hardware to properly evaluate, demonstrate, prototype and develop software targeting not only IEEE802.15.4 or ZigBee compliant applications, but also proprietary applications for which a DSSS radio is required or wanted.
Key Applications: Alarm and security ,Industrial and home automation ,Medical and health ,Metering and smart energy ,Portable consumer and enterprise ,Remote controls ,Wireless audio
|Applications Library||CC USB Firmware Library and Examples (Rev. C) (.zip)|