The Atmel’s AVR® Butterfly Evaluation Kit ATAVRBFLY uses the ATmega169 which combines Atmel's state of the art Flash Technology with the most advanced and versatile 8-bit microcontroller available. Together with a comprehensive feature set and low power consumption, the ATmega169 takes on many of a butterfly's qualities, such as Beauty and High Efficiency at very low energy consumption. The Butterfly flies on a light draught!
The evaluation tool is shipped with preloaded firmware that supports temperature sensing, light measurement, voltage readings and music playback. AVR Butterfly can also be used as a nametag. AVR Butterfly can be reprogrammed from AVR Studio using a serial cable for use as a development kit for the onboard ATmega169PV, or even as target hardware for simple applications. The bootloader source code is available as application note AVR109. The code is written for the ATmega169V device, but is compatible and will work correctly without board modifications with the onboard ATMEGA169PV-8AU device. AVR Studio online-help contains the most current information and a complete list of supported devices.
The AVR core combines a rich instruction set with 32 general purpose working registers. All the 32 registers are directly connected to the Arithmetic Logic Unit (ALU), allowing two independent registers to be accessed in one single instruction executed in one clock cycle. The resulting architecture is more code efficient while achieving throughputs up to ten times faster than conventional CISC microcontrollers.
Key Applications: Lighting, Automotive, Heat protection, Short Circuit protection.
- LCD with 120 segments, for demonstrating theATmega169 LCD controller
- Four-direction joystick with centre push for user input
- Piezo element to play sounds
- 32kHz crystal for the real-time clock
- 4Mbit DataFlash for data storage
- RS-232 level-converter, for communicating with off-board units
- NTC thermistor for temperature measurements
- 3V button cell battery (600mAh) to provide operating power
- JTAG connector for debugging
- USI-interface, for additional communication interface
- Supported by AVR Studio 4
- Only a serial cable is required to reprogram the AVR Butterfly
- Pre-programmed with a demonstration application, including bootloader
- AVR Butterfly Evaluation Board with Battery
- Quick Start Guide