The 8-bit Wireless Development Kit (DM182015-1) is a 2.4 GHz transceiver (MRF24J40) based an easy-to-use evaluation and development platform for IEEE 802.15.4 application designers. This kit includes MRF24J40 transceiver module and also features PIC18 XLP microcontroller family. The kit includes complete hardware needed to rapidly prototype wireless applications. The demonstration kit is pre-programmed with MiWi™ protocol stack. The PIC18 demonstration board is equipped with a 28-pin PICtail™ connector to interface with wireless transceiver PICtail daughter boards such as MRF24J40MA, MRF89XAM8A and MRF49XA. Developers can reprogram or modify the PIC18 MCU Flash memory and develop and debug application code all on the same platform.
The Wireless Development Kit allows developers to evaluate and experiment with sub-GHz and 2.4 GHz RF solutions. It provides two RF hardware nodes which can be used to create a simple two-node wireless network. More nodes can be added by purchasing 8-Bit Wireless Development Kit or individual components.
The PIC18 Wireless Development Board provides all the necessary components required to build an extreme low power wireless sensor application. The Serial Accessory Port can interface external sensors or modules, like LCD Serial Accessory Board or RS232 Serial Accessory Board. The platform provides USB connectivity and supports different XLP microcontroller option
Key Applications: Automotive, Wireless Connectivity, Wired Connectivity.
- MiWi stack support – MiWi, MiWi P2P and MiWI Pro
- PIC18F46J50 MCU featuring nanoWatt XLP Technology for extreme low power
- MRF24J40MA, FCC/IC/ETSI certified module with 25AA02E48 EUI Node Identity serial EEPROM on PICtail daughter board
- MCP9700A Temperature sensor
- LCD display to develop interactive wireless demos (Removable for lower power)
- Board can be powered by either AA batteries or 9V power supply or External Power supply or USB
- RS-232 Serial Accessory board – for debug purposes
- Support other radios – both in 2.4GHz and Sub-GHz frequencies through PICtail connector
- Two PIC18 Wireless Development Boards with PIC18F46J50 XLP Microcontroller
- Two PICtail™/PICtail Plus Daughter Boards
- Two LCD Serial Accessory Boards
- Two RS232 Serial Accessory Boards
- Two USB A to Mini-B 1 meter Cables
- Two RS232 Serial Cables