- PIC32MX360F512L 32-bit microcontroller
- Green power-indicator LED
- Regulated +3.3V power supply for powering the Starter Kit board via USB or expansion board
- On-board crystal for precision microcontroller clocking (8 MHz)
- USB connectivity for on-board debugger communications
- PIC18LF4550 USB microcontroller for on-board debugging
- Orange Debug indicator LED
- Three push-button switches for user-defined inputs
- Three user-defined indicator LEDs
- Connector for connecting various expansion boards (on the underside of board)
Microchip’s PIC32 Starter Kit (DM320001) provides the easiest and lowest cost method to experience the PIC32 microcontroller for the first time. From the over 35 source code examples to the getting started project, users quickly learn Microchip's 32-bit family of microcontrollers and development tools. The kit includes everything needed to write, program, debug, and execute code on a high performance PIC32 microcontroller.
The Starter Kit comes pre-loaded with demonstration software for the user to explore the new features of the PIC32MX. It is also expandable through a modular expansion interface, which allows the user to extend its functionality. The PIC32MX Starter Kit also supplies on-board circuitry for full debug and programming capabilities.
Microchip's 32-bit portfolio with the MIPS® M4K® offers high performance microcontrollers, and all the tools needed to develop your embedded project. With free software, low cost development tools, and pin/peripheral compatibility from 16-bit product lines, PIC32 MCUs shorten time to market and allow your designs to grow. PIC32 gives your application the processing power, memory and peripherals your design needs!
The MIPS32® M4K® Processor Core contains several logic blocks working together in parallel, providing an efficient high performance computing engine. The following blocks are included with the core:
- Execution Unit
- Multiply/Divide Unit (MDU)
- System Control Coprocessor (CP0)
- Fixed Mapping Translation (FMT)
- Dual Internal Bus interfaces
- Power Management
- MIPS16e Support
- Enhanced JTAG (EJTAG) Controller
Key Applications: Metering Solutions, Motor control, Home appliance, Design Examples, Digital Power, Lighting, USB, Ethernet, Wireless, Graphics Solutions, Audio and Speech, Low Power.
- PIC32MX Starter Kit Board
- USB MINI-B cable
- PIC32 Starter Kit Installation CD-ROM, containing:
- User’s Guide
- Data Sheet for the PIC32MX family
- PIC32MX Family Reference Manual
- PIC32MX Peripheral Library Manual
- Schematics and PCB drawing files
- Code examples for use with the PIC32MX devices