The Act for Recycling of Electrical and Electronic Equipment and Automobiles, Bill Number 176319 (also known as Korean RoHS) passed a Second Reading in the Korean National Assembly on the 2 April 2007 and came into force on 1st January 2008.
The Act includes four main requirements:
- Restrictions on hazardous materials (from 1st July 2008)
- Design for efficient recycling
- Collection and recycling of WEEE
- Recycling of vehicles at end-of-life
Read our exclusive Korean RoHS e-book to find out more.
- Got an opinion you want to share? Leave your comments below