Linear Technology - LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- Input Supply Voltage Regulation Loop for Peak Power Tracking in (MPPT) Solar Applications
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 4.95V to 32V (40V Abs Max)
- Programmable Charge Rate Up to 2A
- User Selectable Termination: C/10 or On-Board Termination Timer
- Resistor Programmable Float Voltage Up to 14.4V Accommodates Li-Ion/Polymer, LiFePO4, SLA, NiMH/NiCd Chemistries No VIN Blocking Diode Required for Battery Voltages ≤ 4.2V
- 1MHz Fixed Frequency
- 0.5% Float Voltage Reference Accuracy
- 5% Charge Current Accuracy
- 2.5% C/10 Detection Accuracy
- Binary-Coded Open-Collector Status Pins
- 3mm × 3mm DFN12 or MSOP-12 Packages
The LT3652 is a complete monolithic step-down battery charger that operates over a 4.95V to 32V input voltage range. The LT3652 provides a constant-current/ constant-voltage charge characteristic, with maximum charge current externally programmable up to 2A. The charger employs a 3.3V float voltage feedback reference, so any desired battery float voltage up to 14.4V can be programmed with a resistor divider.
The LT3652 employs an input voltage regulation loop, which reduces charge current if the input voltage falls below a programmed level, set with a resistor divider. When the LT3652 is powered by a solar panel, the input regulation loop is used to maintain the panel at peak output power.
The LT3652 can be configured to terminate charging when charge current falls below 1/10 of the programmed maximum (C/10). Once charging is terminated, the LT3652 enters a low-current (85μA) standby mode. An auto-recharge feature starts a new charging cycle if the battery voltage falls 2.5% below the programmed fl oat voltage. The LT3652 also contains a programmable safety timer, used to terminate charging after a desired time is reached. This allows top-off charging at currents less than C/10.
- Solar Powered Applications
- Remote Monitoring Stations
- LiFePO4 (Lithium Phosphate) Applications
- Portable Handheld Instruments
- 12V to 24V Automotive Systems
Manufacturer parts No.
BATTERY CHARGER, LIION/POLY, 8MSOP
IC, BATTERY, CHARGER, SOLAR, 12MSOP
IC, BATTERY CHARGER, 2A, 12MSOP