1. This EAGLE Design Competition is run by Premier Farnell plc (Premier Farnell, PF or we, our, us) on the following terms and conditions (the Ts&Cs).
During the period from 01 May 2012 to 31 August 2012 (entry period), all users of the element14 community (e14c) are eligible to participate in the EAGLE Design Competition, by submitting the following:
- A screenshot of a layout design, created with EAGLE V6 including a MCU or DSC from Microchip
- and a document (pdf; max. 1 DIN A4 page) describing the project in detail (hereinafter referred to as “Idea”).
Please note that the project description document has to be in English language, no other languages are accepted.
The design needs to be created with EAGLE version 6 (either with a purchased version of V6 or with the Free Trial Version) and a MCU or DSC from Microchip has to be included in the design.
There is also a possibility to upload and share your complete project, i.e. with full schematic and layout on http://www.cadsoftusa.com/downloads/projects/ without the requirement to participate in the competition.
All element14 community members who submit an Idea during the relevant entry period and comply with the Ts&Cs, will be considered for entry in this competition.
The winners of the 3 top Ideas will be chosen by a panel of judges involving CadSoft, Microchip and Premier Farnell representatives and Prof. Dr. Volpe, University of Applied Sciences in Aschaffenburg/ Germany. Judging criteria will be the description of the product, the electronic concept, the design complexity, the design quality and the functionality.
Only one entry per user is allowed.
The prizes will be:
- First place: DELL Alienware M17x r3 (value approx. 1,298.99 GBP) + EAGLE version 6 Professional plus all three modules (1,204.35 GBP)
- Second place: MICROCHIP - - KIT, EVAL, ICD3 W/ EXPLORER 16 (value approx. 197.18 GBP) & DM163022-1 8-Bit development board (value approx. 63.95 GBP)+EAGLE Version 6 Professional incl. all three modules (1.204,35 GBP)
- Third place: EAGLE Version 6 Standard incl. all three modules (600.00 GBP)
After the evaluation phase (which can take up to 8 weeks), the winners will be informed by email using the email address provided on element14.com and will be published accordingly on the element14 community page.
Premier Farnell plc reserves the right to publish the winner and submitted design Idea in press releases, in marketing materials, on the e14c and other websites of the Premier Farnell plc group.
2. By uploading your EAGLE design you agree, confirm, warrant and represent that
you are fully authorized and have all necessary licenses, rights, permissions and consents to upload the design and authorize us to use your design for our Marketing purposes.
you own or control all Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) in the uploaded design and/or have the right to use the Intellectual Property Rights in the uploaded design;
you have full power and authority to grant us a license to store, use, edit, reproduce, distribute, transmit, broadcast, make available and display the design without charge, by any medium or method
the uploaded design does not infringe any third party’s IPR or any applicable laws or regulations and that you will notify us immediately in writing if the uploaded design infringes any third party’s IPR or you receive notice of a claim that the uploaded design infringes any third party’s IPR or in case your design infringes applicable laws or regulations
no royalties, fees or costs are payable by us to you or any third party in respect of the uploaded design
you will indemnify PF and its affiliated companies against all costs, claims, damages losses, penalties, fines expenses (including but not limited to legal fees, in-house counsel costs etc.) arising as a result of any allegation, claim or action that the design uploaded by you infringes any IPR belonging to a third party.
3. You are advised to print and keep safe a copy of these Ts&Cs. Premier Farnell reserves the right to revise the Ts&Cs from time to time. If revised, the amended Ts&Cs will be posted on e14c. It is a condition of the EAGLE Design Competition campaign that you agree to be bound by and comply with the T&CS as amended from time to time.
4. This globally run competition is not open to residents of Slovakia, Turkey, Portugal, Italy and Bulgaria who are ineligible to participate in this global competition due to local requirements, as well as for employees of the public sector.
5. The prize is non-negotiable and non-refundable and no cash alternative will be offered. Premier Farnell reserves the right to substitute the prize with a suitable equivalent and the provision of the prize may be delayed or a substitute provided. There is no right to any refund in respect of the prize if returned.
6. No purchase is necessary to enter the EAGLE Design Competition. You can use the Free Trial version available on www.element14.com/eagle or the Freeware offered by CadSoft www.cadsoft.de for creating your design. However you must register your email address as well as your postal address with us in order to allow us to inform you accordingly and subsequently send you the prize in case of your winning. Postal and email addresses can be registered on your profile page on e14c.
8. No responsibility will be accepted for registrations which are not received in time for any reason, including technical error.
9. Premier Farnell reserves the right to verify the eligibility of any participant before the prize (as defined below) is issued and may require proof of identification and age. If Premier Farnell suspects fraud or misconduct, or if it is discovered that a registrant has failed to comply with the eligibility requirements set out in the Ts&Cs then the prize may be withheld or withdrawn or another prize winner may be selected.
10. We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the EAGLE Design Competition or extend the period of participation in our sole discretion. Premier Farnell will not be liable for any such withdrawal or change to the EAGLE Design Competition.
11. You agree to be responsible for all applicable taxes, duties or other charges payable in relation to the prize. Participation will not be subject to any participation fee. Moreover, costs for participation are those for the creation of the design and the submission via the internet.
12. You may not enter into this EAGLE design competition if by entering into it you may cause Premier Farnell and/or yourself to be in breach of any agreement (including but not limited to any contract of employment) to which you are a party or in breach of any law, regulation or rule having the force of law to which you or Premier Farnell may be subject. Premier Farnell reserves the right to disqualify any entry made in breach of this condition.
13. Premier Farnell respects the policies of employers which forbid the acceptance of such prizes by their employees. The winner must obtain signed authorisation from a director of his or her employer (if appropriate) confirming permission to accept the prize.
14. Prizes are not supplied with the benefit of any warranties from Premier Farnell and are only supplied with the benefit of any warranty provided by the manufacturer of the prize. All further warranties or representations are hereby expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted at law. Without limiting the generality of the preceding statement Premier Farnell hereby excludes all and any liability arising out of the EAGLE Design Competition or the acceptance, use, quality condition, suitability or performance of the prize, even where arising from Premier Farnell plc’s negligence.
15. Premier Farnell does not exclude liability under the Ts&Cs for death, personal injury arising or damage to property from its negligence, or for breach of Part II of the Consumer Protection Act 1987 or for any matter in relation to which it would be illegal for Premier Farnell to exclude or attempt to exclude our liability.
16. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales and you irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this EAGLE design competition.
17. Please address any queries relating to the EAGLE Design Competition to our Feedback & Support Section by clicking on the Get Help Now Button.