The Atmel™ AT32UC3A3-XPLD Xplained evaluation kit is a hardware platform for evaluating the Atmel AT32UC3A3256 microcontroller. The kit offers a range of features that enable the Atmel AVR UC3 user to get started using AVR UC3 peripherals right away and understand how to integrate the AVR UC3 device in their own design.
The UC3-A3 Xplained is suited for evaluation of both UC3A3 and UC3A4 microcontrollers. The two series share the same peripherals, except that the UC3A3 features a External Bus Interface (EBI) while the UC3A4 does not.The AES peripheral of the UC3A3S/A4S and the Audio peripheral of the UC3A3AU are not supported by the device on this board. To evaluate these features please use the EVK1104S and EVK1104AU respectively.
The Atmel AT32UC3A3256 MCU's Memory Protection Unit (MPU) is fast and flexible interrupt controller support the latest real-time operating systems. Higher computation capabilities are achievable using a rich set of DSP instructions. The device incorporates on-chip flash and SRAM memories for secure and fast access. 64 Kbytes of SRAM are directly coupled to the 32-bit AVR UC3 for performance optimization. Two blocks of 32 Kbytes SRAM are independently attached to the high speed bus matrix for real ping-pong management.
The microcontroller achieves exceptionally high data throughput by combining the multi-layered 32-bit AVR databus,128 KB on-chip SRAM with triple high speed interfaces, multi-channel peripheral, memory-to-memory DMA controller, high-speed USB embedded host, SD/SDIO card, MLC NAND flash with ECC, and SDRAM interfaces. This device features 256KB internal high-speed flash, built-in hi-fi stereo audio D/A converter and full-duplex multi-channel I2S audio interface.
Key Applications: Automotive, Building Automation, Home Appliances, Home Entertainment, Industrial Automation, Lighting, Mobile Electronics PC Peripherals.
- Atmel AT32UC3A3256 microcontroller
- Transfer data over the high-speed USB interface
- Read temperature sensor with the ADC
- Use the Atmel QTouch library to detect touches on the touch button and slider
- Read/write data to the 64Mbit SDRAM
- Use PWM as input to an analog filter and ADC to measure the filter response
- 1 push button to interact with the microcontroller
- 4 LEDs to show status information
- Program the kit via USB bootloader or an Atmel programmer
- Expand the board with Xplained top modules
- Footprints for external memory
- Atmel AT45DB series DataFlash® serial flash
- Atmel AT25DF series industry standard serial flash
- One Atmel QTouch® slider
- One Atmel QTouch button
- AT32UC3A3-XPLD Xplained Evaluation Board
- Quick Start Guide