- SAM3SD8 LQFP100 chip with optional socket footprint
- 12 MHz crystal
- 32.768 KHz crystal
- Optional SMB connector for external system clock input
- NAND Flash
- 2.8 inch TFT color LCD display with touch panel and backlight
- UART port with level shifter circuit
- USART port with level shifter circuit multiplexed with RS485 port with level shifter circuit
- Microphone input and mono/stereo headphone jack output
- SD/MMC interface
- Reset button: NRST
- User buttons: Left and Right
- QTouch® buttons: Up, Down, Left, Right, Valid and Slider
- Full Speed USB device port
- JTAG/ICE port
- On-board power regulation
- Two user LEDs
- Power LED
- BNC connector for ADC input
- BNC connector for DAC output
- User potentiometer connected to the ADC input
- ZigBEE connector
- 2x32 bit PIO connection interfaces (PIOA, PIOC) and 1x16 bit PIO connection interface (PIOB)
The Atmel ATSAM3S-EK2 Evaluation Kit lets designers quickly evaluate and develop code for applications running on Atmel SAM3S microcontrollers. The Atmel® SAM3S Cortex™ M3 Flash MCU integrates features to simplify system design and reduce power consumption down to 2.3 mW at 1 MHz, 1.45mW/MHz at 64 MHz operation and 1.6 uA in backup mode with the RTC running. Inspired by the best-selling SAM7S series, the SAM3S is the ideal migration path to a more powerful and feature-rich MCU. A renewed peripheral set provides system control, sensor interfaces, an optional external parallel bus interface, connectivity and user interface support.
The SAM3S is the first ARM® MCU with parallel data capture mode on PIOs and DMA support. The parallel data capture mode on the PIOs complements the external bus interface for data collection from external devices that are not compliant with standard memory read protocols, such as low-cost image sensors. Integrated serial resistors eliminate the need for external resistors to preserve signal integrity, resulting in reduced BOM cost, real estate savings and simplified system design.
The SAM3S series is touch-ready, offering native support for Atmel QTouch® technology for easy implementation of buttons, sliders and wheels in your application. Memory protection unit improves code protection and secures multi-application/task execution. Unique 128-bit ID and scrambled external bus interface ensure software confidentiality while the hardware CRC checks memory integrity.
Key Applications: Building Automation, Home Entertainment, Industrial Automation, Metering, Mobile Electronics and PC Peripherals.
The Atmel ATSAM3S-EK2 evaluation kit supplied with below contents:
- ATSAM3S-EK2 Evaluation Kit
- Universal input AC/DC power supply with US, Europe and UK plug adapters
- One serial RS232 cable
- One micro A/B-type USB cable